Medical Assisting Program Overview
Whether they're working in a private physician's practice or in a busy emergency department of a large city hospital, medical assistants are on the front lines of patient care, performing administrative and clinical duties.
This nine-month to one-year certificate program will empower you with the professional skills and theory you need to make clinical judgments in a variety of medical settings.
- Learn from doctors and nurses who are currently working at Boston hospitals and clinics
- Complete a required internship, with easy access to some of the top hospitals and medical practices in the country
- Prepare yourself to take national certification exams like the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) exam of the American Medical Technologists (AMT) and the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam of the National Healthcare Career Association (NHA)
- Opt to continue your education. All courses from the Medical Assisting Certificate transfer into our 4-year B.S. in Management - Healthcare Management Concentration program
Take the fast track to a career in healthcare. Request information about our 9-month to one-year Medical Assisting Certificate program today!
Medical Assisting Evening Classes
If you're busy during the day, Bay State College's Medical Assisting Certificate Degree Evening Program gives you the opportunity to learn on your own time. Take evening college courses at our satellite location in Taunton, Massachusetts.
- Duration: 1.5 Years
- Term Length: 8 weeks
- Start Dates:
- Spring 2020 Term 1: Monday, January 13, 2020
- Fall 2020 Term 1: Monday, August 31, 2020
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions
Sample Medical Assisting Certificate Degree Courses
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Office Procedures
- Clinical Procedures I and II
- Medical Assisting Internship and Seminar
To browse our 2018-19 Course Catalog with course descriptions, click here.
Employers of Our Medical Assisting Graduates
- Fenway Health
- Steward Medical Group
- South Shore Medical Center
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Tufts Medical Center
- PMG Physicians Group
- Leonard Hair Transplant Associates
- Mass General Hospital
Medical Assisting Degree Accreditation
Bay State College is is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE, formerly NEASC).
The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) accredits schools and colleges in the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont). Membership in one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States indicates that the school or college has been carefully evaluated and found to meet the standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
Bay State College is authorized to award the following degrees by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, Bachelor of Science.