The mission of the Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing Program of Bay State College is to prepare students for professional nursing practice with diverse populations, across the lifespan, in a variety of settings. They will be ready to practice in a diversity of roles to meet current local, national, and global healthcare needs. Graduates will have the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to practice safely and ethically in a changing practice environment. They will be prepared to engage in lifelong learning.
At the completion of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Integrate knowledge, skills, and values from the arts and sciences to promote social justice by providing safe quality care, while respecting the agency of the individual, family, group, or community/population.
- Use leadership and communication skills, including as a member of a multidisciplinary team, to address safety and quality concerns within the healthcare setting through the application of evidence-based knowledge.
- Identify and integrate evidence-based research to inform clinical reasoning to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrate skills to use information management and patient care technologies to provide ethical, safe, and effective care.
- Incorporate knowledge of health promotion and injury and disease prevention, across the lifespan, to improve health outcomes in communities; and, reduce health disparities in vulnerable populations.
- Engage in professionalism by consistently demonstrating ethical and value-based behavior, including accountability, caring, altruism, excellence, and respect in nursing practice.
- Participate in lifelong learning to provide safe, quality, and ethical care in the changing local, national, and global healthcare environment.
Program Start Dates
Earn a degree at your own pace. Bay State College's online RN to BSN Degree gives you the flexibility to learn when you want and where you want.
Duration: 3 semesters
Term Length: 7 weeks
*Summer classes required
Summer 2021: Monday, May 17|
Fall 2021: Monday, August 30
Spring 2022: Monday, January 10
Application Deadline: Friday, August 13, 2021
Sample Degree Courses
Employers of Our RN-BSN Graduates
Nursing Completion Rates
Nursing Employment Rates
Scholarships for Nursing Majors
Nursing Degree Accreditation
Regional: Bay State College's RN to BSN degree is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (CIHE) of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC). The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) accredits schools and colleges in the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont). Membership in one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States indicates that the school or college has been carefully evaluated and found to meet the standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
Degree Granting: Bay State College maintains degree-granting approval from the Massachusetts Department of Education, Division of Higher Education - Higher Education Commission.
Program: Bay State College's RN to BSN degree program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791. www.ccneaccreditation.org