Music Industry Program Overview
According to Billboard and Pollstar, the global music industry is estimated to be worth over $40 billion today, and it’s still growing. The industry has never been bigger, brasher, and more innovative – but it’s a tough biz to break into. If being in the music business is your one goal, the Music Industry Management program is the springboard to get you on your way:
- Master the art of presentation, negotiation and management – all skills you’ll need to succeed behind the scenes of the music world – while also giving you a comprehensive background in all aspects of business management.
- Get a head start on your career working with your professors, who all have real-world experience in the industry – and share it.
- Host weekly live shows at The Spot, a state-of-the-art, 70-cap club run entirely by Bay State College entertainment management students.
- Gain leadership experience by joining an entertainment management organization, like Bay State College Radio, the Audio Engineering Society (AES) the Music & Entertainment Industry Student Association (MEISA).
- Complete two or more required hands-on internships, with access to all of the industry-leading companies Boston has to offer!
- Receive ongoing access to the Bay State College Career Services Department, connecting you with in-field opportunities throughout your program and career.
Connect your passion for music with your entrepreneurial spirit. Request information about our Entertainment Management – Music Industry Concentration program today!
Music Management Day Classes
Discover a diverse but close-knit community of students, faculty and staff at our Boston campus, located in the historic Back Bay neighborhood.
- Duration: 8 semesters
- Semester Length: 16 weeks
- Start Dates:
Summer 2018: Monday, May 21, 2018
Fall 2018: Tuesday, September 4, 2018
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions
Sample Music Management Degree Courses
- Introduction to the Music Industry
- Venue Management
- Concert Promotion Management
- Artist Management
- Tour Management
- Concert Production Management
- Mass Media
- Music Management Internship I and II
Music Management Program Mission
The mission of the Music Industry Program at Bay State College is to provide the highest-quality education in the live and recorded-music fields, centered on the development of critical thinking, business knowledge, and practical marketing skills, to empower our graduates to pursue successful and meaningful careers in the music industry.
Music Management Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop students’ ability to use critical thinking and analytical skills to synthesize information from multiple sources and be able to make informed business decisions.
- Develop in students a set of ethical and legal standards when making managerial decisions in music-industry organizations.
- Develop students’ ability to use technology to create reports and gain presentation skills to communicate relevant information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide students the opportunity to work in groups to define managerial problems, determine alternatives, and implement solutions.
- Provide students with knowledge of the different types of economies in a changing global environment and how to react to opportunities in that world.
- Provide students the opportunity to develop broad-based decision models and understand current business and music trends.
Employers of Our Music Graduates
- Walt Disney Companies
- Cirque de Soleil
- Back Bay Events Center
- Live Nation
- Clear Channel
- Boston Red Sox
- CBS Radio
- Entercom Boston
- Universal Music Group
- Boston Harbor Cruises
- Audio Production
Ready to amplify your ambitions? Opt to complete an Audio Production Minor by fulfilling your electives with courses like Desktop Audio, Live Sound Engineering, Studio Recording, and more!
Music Management Degree Accreditation
Bay State College is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (CIHE) of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
The New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) accredits schools and colleges in the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont). Membership in one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States indicates that the school or college has been carefully evaluated and found to meet the standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
Bay State College is authorized to award the following degrees by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, Bachelor of Science.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-Q4ncgsmeIQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>