The Bachelor of Science Degree in Management prepares students for a broad spectrum of careers in business, with opportunities for concentrated studies in cloud security, digital marketing, finance, healthcare, and human resource management. Part of Bay State College's forward-thinking curriculum focused on innovation, globalization, entrepreneurship, and social good, this program provides students with a unique educational opportunity to explore and think critically about the needs of organizations today and into the future. Students engage in experiential learning opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom as they prepare themselves to meet the organizational challenges on both domestic and international levels.
Students who major in Management will be prepared to:
- Explore the increasing importance of globalization in business management, including the identification and appropriate responses to opportunities and threats organizations face in a global environment.
- Develop solutions to complex real-world managerial problems.
- Analyze a framework for business problem solving and forecasting.
- Demonstrate effective use of technology in exercising the leadership skills necessary to compete in the business world.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills required to function as a productive team member in defining management problems, determining alternatives, achieving consensus, and evaluating results.
- Integrate appropriate ethical and legal standards into organizational decision-making.
Program Start Dates
- Start Dates:
Summer 2021 Term 1 (May 17)
Summer 2021 Term 2 (July 5)
Fall 2021 Term 1 (August 30)
Fall 2021 Term 2 (October 25)
Spring 2022 Term 1 (January 10)
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions
Admission of students to the Bachelor of Science in Management (BSMGMT) program is based upon the general admission requirements of Bay State College. Transfer into the BSMGMT program requires a minimum 2.3 cumulative grade point average. A minimum grade of "D-" is required for all core and program courses.
Complete the Core Curriculum consisting of ten courses.
- Foundation Courses
- CIS 103: Computer Information Systems and Technology
- MAN 103: Leading and Managing for the 21st Century
- BUS 251: Global Business Operations
- MAT 200: Statistics
- MAN 322: International Management
- MAN 401: Crisis Management
- MAN 445: Strategic Planning and Execution
- BUS 499: Senior Project and Internship
Select one of the following concentrations
- Cloud Security Concentration
- Digital Marketing Concentration
- Finance Concentration
- Healthcare Concentration
- Human Resource Management Concentration
Management Degree Accreditation
Bay State College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE, formerly NEASC). The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) accredits schools and colleges in the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont). Membership in one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States indicates that the school or college has been carefully evaluated and found to meet the standards agreed upon by qualified educators. Bay State College is authorized to award the following degrees by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, Bachelor of Science.