BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Management prepares students for a broad spectrum of careers in business, with opportunities for concentrated studies in accounting, esports, fashion merchandising, finance, healthcare management, human resources, and information management. Part of Bay State College's forward-thinking curriculum focused on innovation, globalization, entrepreneurship, and social good, this program provides students with a unique educational opportunity to explore and think critically about the needs of organizations today and into the future. Students engage in experiential learning opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom as they prepare themselves to meet the organizational challenges on both domestic and international levels.
Students who major in Management will be prepared to:
- Explore the increasing importance of globalization in business management, including the identification and appropriate responses to opportunities and threats organizations face in a global environment.
- Develop solutions to complex real-world managerial problems.
- Analyze a framework for business problem solving and forecasting.
- Demonstrate effective use of technology in exercising the leadership skills necessary to compete in the business world.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills required to function as a productive team member in defining management problems, determining alternatives, achieving consensus, and evaluating results.
- Integrate appropriate ethical and legal standards into organizational decision-making.
Program Start Dates
- Start Dates:
Summer 2021 Term 1 (May 17)
Summer 2021 Term 2 (July 5)
Fall 2021 Term 1 (August 30)
Fall 2021 Term 2 (October 25)
Spring 2022 Term 1 (January 10)
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions
Admission of students to the Bachelor of Science in Management (BSMGMT) program is based upon the general admission requirements of Bay State College. Transfer into the BSMGMT program requires a minimum 2.3 cumulative grade point average. A minimum grade of "D-" is required for all core and program courses.
Core Curriculum (40 Credit Hours)
Complete the Core Curriculum consisting of ten courses.
Major Courses (44 credit hours, each course 4 credits)
- Foundation Courses (36 credit hours, each course 4 credits)
- CIS 103: Computer Information Systems and Technology
- MAN 103: Leading and Managing for the 21st Century
- BUS 251: Global Business Operations
- MAT 200: Statistics
- MAN 322: International Management
- MAN 401: Crisis Management
- MAN 445: Strategic Planning and Execution
- BUS 499: Senior Project and Internship
Select one of the following concentrations (12 Credit Hours, each course 4 credits)
- ACC 151: Modern Accounting I
- ACC 201: Modern Accounting II
- ACC 251: Cost Accounting
- ESP 101: Introduction to Esports
- ESP 201: Esports Governance
- ESP 301: Event Management and Promotion
- Fashion Merchandising
- FAM 101: Fashion Merchandising
- FAM 201: Merchandise Marketing and Control
- FAM 215: Contemporary Designers and Trends
- FIN 205: Social Finance
- FIN 301: Managerial Finance
- FIN 303: Money and Capital Markets
- Healthcare Management
- MED 103: Introduction to Healthcare
- MED 162: Health Information and Control
- HCM 301: Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Human Resources
- MAN 240: Organizational Behavior
- MAN 315: Staffing & Recruitment
- MAN 342: Managing Diversity in the Workplace
- Information Management
- MAN 202: Management Information Systems
- MAN 335: Knowledge Management
- CIS 313: Enterprise Systems and Integration
- Management, Generalist Concentration - Four Year
- Management, Generalist Concentration - Trimester
- Management, Information Management Concentration - Four Year
- Management, Information Management Concentration - Trimester
- Management, Human Resources Concentration - Four Year
- Management, Human Resources Concentration - Trimester
- Management, Healthcare Management Concentration - Four Year
- Management, Healthcare Management Concentration - Trimester
- Management, Finance Concentration - Four Year
- Management, Finance Concentration - Trimester
- Management, Fashion Merchandising Concentration - Four Year
- Management, Fashion Merchandising Concentration - Trimester
- Management, Esports Concentration - Four Year
- Management, Esports Concentration - Trimester
- Management, Accounting Concentration - Four Year
- Management, Accounting Concentration - Trimester
Management Degree Accreditation
Bay State College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE, formerly NEASC). The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) accredits schools and colleges in the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont). Membership in one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States indicates that the school or college has been carefully evaluated and found to meet the standards agreed upon by qualified educators. Bay State College is authorized to award the following degrees by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, Bachelor of Science.