Healthcare Management Program Overview
The healthcare industry needs trained professionals who understand the intricacies of both business and healthcare. Bay State College recognizes this, and prepares you to enter this rapidly expanding field:
- Gain a solid foundation in the essential elements of the healthcare industry, while learning how to manage people and resources for maximum effectiveness.
- Learn from professors with real-world, professional experience in the field.
- Opt to take a hands-on, science-focused first year of study with Nursing or Physical Therapist Assistant students.
- Complete two or more required internships, with access to some of the world's best hospitals, medical research facilities, insurance companies, and pharmaceutical and biotechnology firms.
Interested in healthcare, but unsure which track you'd like to take? Request information about our 4-year Management – Healthcare Management program today!
Day Classes, Evening Classes, and Online Option
- Duration: 8 semesters
- Semester Length: 16 weeks
- Program Length: 4 years
- Start Dates:
- Summer 2021 Term 1 (May 17)
- Summer 2021 Term 2 (July 5)
- Fall 2021 Term 1 (August 30)
- Fall 2021 Term 2 (October 25)
- Spring 2022 Term 1 (January 10)
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions
Sample Healthcare Management Degree Courses
- Introduction to Healthcare
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Ethics
- Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Healthcare Financial Management
- Healthcare Regulation
- Human Resource Management
- Strategic Management
- Senior Seminar
- Healthcare Management Internship I and II
To browse our 2018-19 Course Catalog with course descriptions, click here.
Healthcare Management Program Mission
The mission of the Healthcare Management Program at Bay State College is to provide the highest-quality medical industry education, centered on the development of critical thinking, business knowledge, and practical skills, to empower our graduates to pursue successful and meaningful careers.
Healthcare Management Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate a set of ethical and legal standards into decision-making for the healthcare industry.
- Examine and explore the increasing importance of globalization in healthcare delivery and management, including the identification and appropriate response to opportunities and threats in this global environment.
- Analyze and propose solutions to complex
real worldmanagerial problems.
- Integrate business analysis and expertise into a framework for business problem-solving and forecasting.
- Utilize technology and demonstrate presentation skills necessary to compete and succeed in the business world.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills required to function as a productive team member in defining management problems, determining alternatives, achieving consensus and evaluating results.
Employers of Our Healthcare Management Graduates
- Brigham & Women's Hospital
- Mass General Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- McLean Hospital
- Children's Hospital of Boston
- Liberty Mutual
- PMG Physician Associates
- Beacon Health Options
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Fallon Ambulance Services
- South Shore Dermatology Associates
- Plymouth Crossing Senior Care
A Management degree will give you hard business skills and hands-on experience. Round it out with an Economics Minor to add more theory and
big picturethinking to your repertoire.
Learn human behavior theory and data analysis skills with a Psychology Minor, then apply it directly to a career in marketing, advertising, sales or human resources.
Healthcare Management Degree Accreditation
Bay State College is is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE, formerly NEASC).
The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) accredits schools and colleges in the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont). Membership in one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States indicates that the school or college has been carefully evaluated and found to meet the standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
Bay State College is authorized to award the following degrees by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, Bachelor of Science.