Finance Program Overview
With over $1.5 trillion dollars now in circulation in the U.S. (source), there is a need for trained professionals to help the rest of us manage it. So, where do you make the best investment for a future in finance? Bay State College's Finance Concentration under our B.S. in Management program. In this comprehensive program, you will:
- Gain a solid foundation in all aspects of business management, with an in-depth understanding
- Learn from professors who bring executive know-how into the classroom from first-hand experiences at some of the top organizations in New England, including State Street, Bank of America, and more!
- Complete two or more required hands-on internships, with easy access to Boston's Financial District and all of the industry-leading companies it has to offer.
Ready to make an investment in your future? Request information about our 4-year Management – Finance Concentration program today!
Day Classes, Evening Classes, and Online Option
- Duration: 8 semesters
- Semester Length: 16 weeks
- Program Length: 4 years
- Start Dates:
- Summer 2021 Term 1 (May 17)
- Summer 2021 Term 2 (July 5)
- Fall 2021 Term 1 (August 30)
- Fall 2021 Term 2 (October 25)
- Spring 2022 Term 1 (January 10)
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions
Sample Finance Degree Courses
- Intermediate Accounting I and II
- Managerial Finance
- Mathematics for Management
- Money and Capital Markets
- Finance Internship I and II
To browse our 2018-19 Course Catalog with course descriptions, click here.
Finance Program Mission
The mission of the Finance Program at Bay State College is to provide the highest-quality finance education, centered on the development of critical thinking, business knowledge, and practical skills, to empower our graduates to pursue successful and meaningful careers.
Finance Program Learning Outcomes
- Integrate a set of ethical and legal standards into financial decision-making.
- Examine and explore the increasing importance of globalization in financial management, including the identification and appropriate response to opportunities and threats in this global environment.
- Analyze and propose solutions to complex
real worldfinancial and managerial problems.
- Integrate financial analysis and expertise into a framework for business problem-solving and forecasting.
- Utilize technology and demonstrate presentation skills necessary to compete and succeed in the business world.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills required to function as a productive team member in defining management problems, determining alternatives, achieving consensus and evaluating results.
Employers of Our Finance Graduates
- State Street Bank
- Liberty Mutual
- Bank of America
- Brixmor Property Group
- Peabody Properties
- Bristol County Savings Bank
- Pierce, Davis & Perritano
- Linchris Hotel Corporation
A Management degree will give you hard business skills and hands-on experience. Round it out with an Economics Minor to add more theory and
big picturethinking to your repertoire.
Finance Degree Accreditation
Bay State College is is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE, formerly NEASC).
The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) accredits schools and colleges in the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont). Membership in one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States indicates that the school or college has been carefully evaluated and found to meet the standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
Bay State College is authorized to award the following degrees by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, Bachelor of Science.