PTA Program Admissions Criteria
All applicants to the Physical Therapist Assistant Associate Degree Program must:
- Submit a completed application. Complete the 15-minute online application here.*
- Interview with and secure the recommendation of a member of the Bay State College Admissions Team. Schedule a campus visit and interview here.
- During your interview, sign and submit the provided CORI Acknowledgement Form.
- During your interview, sign and submit the provided Program Disclosure Form.
- Complete the Wonderlic English and Math assessment test and place into English 102 and Math 104 or higher.
- Within three days of your interview, sign and submit the provided Enrollment Agreement.
- Submit an official, sealed high school/GED transcript (if you do not have a college degree) with a GPA of 2.7 or higher, and a Life Lab Science with a grade of C or better.
- Submit an official, sealed college transcript/s (if applicable) with a GPA of 2.7 or higher. (12 transfer credits), and a Life Lab Science with a grade of C or better.
- Submit a proof of graduation from your high school or (if applicable) college.
- Note: The transfer credit policy for sciences and other courses is found here.
- Due to the restrictions placed on institutions, due to Covid-19, the following allowance will apply to Fall 2020 applicants:
Due COVID-19 restrictions placed on institutions, the following allowance will apply to Fall 2020 applicants:
Online lab science courses will be considered to fulfill the lab science requirement, as well as considered for transfer credit. During the first week of the semester, the student will be required to take an assessment in Anatomy and Physiology and may be required to audit science courses, based on the result of this exam. All course grade requirements are still applicable for both admissions and transfer credit requirements.
*Please note: The Office of Enrollment Management reserves the right to request additional supporting material. Bay State College reserves the right to make exceptions on Admissions decisions. Exceptions are at the discretion of the College and are on a case-by-case basis. Should you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Team at 617-217-9080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bay State College PTA Program Change Policy
Currently enrolled Bay State College students seeking a transfer to the Associate's Degree in Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) must meet the above admissions criteria to be considered for a change of program acceptance into the PTA program. Additionally, students must meet with their current academic advisor to validate that they meet the above admissions criteria and if so, they must also secure a change of program referral from their current academic advisor to be provided to the PTA Program Chair. Please note that meeting the admissions criteria and securing a referral from your current academic advisor does not guarantee the change of program will be approved. The PTA Program Chair makes the final decision on approving the change of program request.
Financial Aid Requirements
- File for an FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov.
- Submit the FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov using the school code 003965.
- Complete the Counseling and MPN Direct Stafford Loan Steps at StudentLoans.gov.
Once you are accepted to this program, please complete the below requirements:
- Pay a $300 non-refundable tuition deposit to hold your spot in our class. Due ASAP after accepted to your program.
- If you plan to live on campus, follow the steps here as soon as possible.
- Waive or enroll in Bay State College Health Insurance at www.universityhealthplans.com.
- Submit Proof of Immunizations form.
- Once you have completed the above steps, register for your classes online, or in-person at one of our registration events.
- Attend New Student Orientation.