Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Admissions Criteria
Admission to the OTA Associate Degree Program is competitive. In order to be considered, all applicants to the program must:
- Submit a completed application. Complete the 15-minute online application here.*
- Interview with and secure the recommendation of a member of the Bay State College Admissions Team. Schedule a campus visit and interview here.
- During your interview, sign and submit the provided CORI Acknowledgement Form.
- During your interview, sign and submit the provided Program Disclosure Form.
- Complete the Wonderlic English and Math assessment test and place into English 102 and Math 104 or higher.
- Within three days of your interview, sign and submit the provided Enrollment Agreement.
- Submit an official, sealed high school/GED transcript (if you do not have a college degree) with a GPA of 2.7 or higher, and a Life Lab Science with a grade of C or better.
- Submit an official, sealed college transcript/s (if applicable) with a GPA of 2.7 or higher. (12 transfer credits), and a Life Lab Science with a grade of C or better.
- Submit a proof of graduation from your high school or (if applicable) college.
- Note: The transfer credit policy for sciences and other courses is found here.
*Please note: The Office of Enrollment Management reserves the right to request additional supporting material. Bay State College reserves the right to make exceptions on Admissions decisions. Exceptions are at the discretion of the College and are on a case-by-case basis. Should you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Team at 617-217-9080 or email@example.com.
Bay State College OTA Program Change Policy
Currently enrolled Bay State College students seeking a transfer to the Associates Degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) must meet the above admissions criteria to be considered for a change of program acceptance into the OTA program. Additionally, students must meet with their current academic advisor to validate that they meet the above admissions criteria and, if so, they must also secure a change of program referral from their current academic advisor to be provided to the OTA Program Chair. Please note that meeting the admissions criteria and securing a referral from your current academic advisor does not guarantee the change of program will be approved. The OTA Program Chair makes the final decision on approving the change of program request.
Financial Aid Requirements
- File for an FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov.
- Submit the FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov using the school code 003965.
- Complete the Counseling and MPN Direct Stafford Loan Steps at StudentLoans.gov.
Once you are accepted to this program, please complete the below requirements:
- Attend Accepted Students Day. Register for the next Accepted Students Day session here.
- Pay a $100 non-refundable tuition deposit to hold your spot in our class. Due ASAP after accepted to your program.
- If you plan to live on campus, follow the steps here as soon as possible.
- Waive or enroll in Bay State College Health Insurance at www.universityhealthplans.com.
- Submit this Proof of Immunizations form.
- Once you have completed the above steps, register for your classes online, or in-person at one of our registration events.
- Attend New Student Orientation. Register for the next New Student Orientation session here.