Nursing Admissions Criteria
Admission to the Nursing Associate Degree Program is competitive. In order to be considered, all applicants to the program must:
- Submit a completed application. Complete the 15-minute online application here.*
- Interview with and secure the recommendation of a member of the Bay State College Admissions Team. Schedule a campus visit and interview here.
- During your interview, sign and submit the provided CORI Form.
- During your interview, sign and submit the provided Program Disclosure Form.
- Complete the Wonderlic English and Math assessment test and place into English 102 and Math 104 or higher.
- Within three days of your interview, sign and submit the provided Enrollment Agreement.
- Applicants applying as first time college students or having attended college with less than 12 credits must have a high school GPA of 3.0 and a Life Science course including a lab of at least a grade of C. Previous education experience, academic performance and background in science related academic coursework will be evaluated. Submit an official sealed high school/GED transcript.
- Applicants with 12 or more college credits must have a GPA of 2.7 or higher, and a Life Science course including a lab of at least a grade of C. Previous education experience, academic performance and background in science related academic coursework will be evaluated Applicants must submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended. The combined total of the GPA from previous college courses must be at least a 2.7. Applicants with college credit must submit an official sealed college transcript.
- Submit a proof of graduation from your high school or (if applicable) college.
- Submit TEAS score results (taken within the past year) of 65% overall with a subscore of 70% on reading comprehension. Register for the TEAS test here. You will need to create an account to register for and complete the exam. Applicants are not required to take the TEAS test at Bay State College; you may register for any location. The name of the test is TEAS Nursing.
- Note: The transfer credit policy for sciences and other courses is found here.
- Submit the Proof of Immunization form. Immunizations must be in compliance with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
*Please note: The Office of Enrollment Management reserves the right to request additional supporting material. Bay State College reserves the right to make exceptions on Admissions decisions. Exceptions are at the discretion of the College and are on a case-by-case basis. Should you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Team at 617-217-9080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bay State College ADN Program Change Policy
Currently enrolled Bay State College students seeking a transfer to the Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) must meet the above admissions criteria to be considered for a change of program acceptance into the ADN program. Additionally, students must meet with their current academic advisor to validate that they meet the above admissions criteria and, if so, they must also secure a change of program referral from their current academic advisor to be provided to the Nursing Program Chair. Please note that meeting the admissions criteria and securing a referral from your current academic advisor does not guarantee the change of program will be approved. The Nursing Program Chair makes the final decision on approving the change of program request.
Spring 2019 Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) Deadline:
Bay State College is currently accepting and reviewing applications for admittance into the Spring 2019 academic year. To be considered for the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) cohort class of Spring 2019, completed applications (including all supporting documents) must be received by December 21, 2018.
A complete application includes the online application, campus interview, transcripts and placement test and TEAS score results.
APPLICATION DEADLINE UPDATE: As a result of the busy holiday season and with some TEAS exam dates occurring after our application deadline, we have chosen to extend the deadline to Monday, January 7th, 2019.
Financial Aid Requirements
- File for an FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov.
- Submit the FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov using the school code 003965.
- Complete the Counseling and MPN Direct Stafford Loan Steps at StudentLoans.gov.
Once you are accepted to this program, please complete the below requirements:
- Attend Accepted Students Day. Register for the next Accepted Students Day session here.
- Pay a $250 non-refundable tuition deposit to hold your spot in our class. Due ASAP after accepted to your program.
- If you plan to live on campus, follow the steps here as soon as possible.
- Waive or enroll in Bay State College Health Insurance at www.universityhealthplans.com.
- Attend New Student Orientation. Register for the next New Student Orientation session here.
- Make an appointment with your nursing advisor to register for classes.
- Attend mandatory Nursing Student Orientation Day (Full day session on Wednesday before classes begin in September and January).