Imagine a career that's rewarding, secure, responsible, exciting and takes you anywhere in the world. It's not a dream – it's nursing. Bay State College's Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) offers you an advanced, innovative, and comprehensive program:
- Get individualized attention with small class sizes, open practice labs, and nursing tutors to support your success in the classroom.
- Learn from program faculty who bring real-world clinical experience into the classroom every day.
- Take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) after five semesters, then practice safely and ethically as a registered nurse.
- We also offer an Advanced Placement LPN to RN option designed for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN'S) to advance their career path to Registered Nurse (RN).
- Opt for the 2 + 1 Nursing degree: continue directly into Bay State College's RN-BSN degree program after you graduate, or opt to continue on at a later date.* Because of this program's flexible class formats, you could work as a Registered Nurse (RN) during the last two years of your degree!
You have the heart. Bay State College is the hub. Request information about our Associate Degree Nursing program today!
*Students are first accepted into the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program. Any associate degree Nursing graduate has immediate acceptance to the bachelor's degree completion program upon successful passing of the NCLEX (National Council Licensure Examination) nursing board exam.
Program Start Dates
- Program Duration
- 5 semesters, 20 months*
- Summer Classes required
*Students enrolled in the Taunton program: semesters 2 thru 5 will be required to attend the Boston campus for Nursing Simulation Labs 2 to 4 times per semester.
- Program Start Dates:
- Fall 2021: Monday, August 30, 2021
- Spring 2022: Monday, January 10, 2022
- Fall Term Deadlines
- Priority Deadline: Friday, June 25, 2021*
- Final Deadline: Friday, July 23, 2021
*Students that submit all of their application materials by this date will get priority in the application review process within approximately two weeks of submission.
Sample Nursing Degree Courses
Employers of Our Nursing Graduates
NCLEX-RN First-time Pass Rates
|Class of 2020||94%|
|Class of 2019||91%|
|Class of 2018||87%|
Program Completion Rates
|Class of 2020||pending|
|Class of 2019||74%|
|Class of 2018||70%
Scholarships for Nursing Majors
Nursing Degree Accreditation
Bay State College’s Associate Degree in Nursing program has full approval status from the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing. The Associate Degree in Nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3390 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
- Board of Registration in Nursing
239 Causeway Street, Suite 500, 5th Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02114
Phone: 1-800-414-0168 or 617-973-0900