Nursing LPN-RN Admissions Criteria
Admission to the Nursing Associate Degree Program is competitive. In order to be considered, all applicants to the program must:
- Submit a completed online application.
- Interview with and secure the recommendation of a member of the Bay State College Admissions Team.
- During your interview, sign and submit the provided CORI Form.
- Applicant must hold a valid, unencumbered practical nurse license from a state board of nursing and be eligible for licensure in Massachusetts.
- Applicants must have a 2.5 GPA in previous coursework.
- Applicants must obtain 1500 on the BSC English placement test.
- Applicants must have a minimum score of 76 on the NACE I. The TEAS does not apply to transfer candidates. If they wish to apply to the regular ADN, they must take the RN TEAS. The applicant’s PN TEAS results are not acceptable.
- Applicant must have completed A&P I with at least a B average. Applicants may opt to apply to the regular ADN option if they have not completed their sciences.
- Submit the Proof of Immunization form. Immunizations must be in compliance with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
*Please note: The Office of Enrollment Management reserves the right to request additional supporting material. Bay State College reserves the right to make exceptions on Admissions decisions. Exceptions are at the discretion of the College and are on a case-by-case basis. Should you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Team at 617-217-9080 or email@example.com.
Financial Aid Requirements
- File for an FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov.
- Submit the FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov using the school code 003965.
- Complete the Counseling and MPN Direct Stafford Loan Steps at StudentLoans.gov.
Once you are accepted to this program, please complete the below requirements:
- Pay a $300 non-refundable tuition deposit to hold your spot in our class. Due ASAP after accepted to your program.
- If you plan to live on campus, follow the steps here as soon as possible.
- Waive or enroll in Bay State College Health Insurance at www.universityhealthplans.com.
- You will receive a welcome letter from the Nursing Chair with additional information
- Attend mandatory Nursing Student Orientation Day