Bay State College's Associate in Nursing program offers an Advanced Placement Licensed Practical Nurse to Registered Nurse (LPN to RN) degree option designed for LPNs to advance their career path to RNs. Candidates with a current LPN license can complete this advanced placement option in just four semesters, earning an Associate degree in nursing (ADN), and become eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam to become an RN.
- Enhance your career by fast-tracking your degree to become a Registered Nurse.
- Obtain your RN-ADN degree in two years with one additional year for your Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN).
- Learn from program faculty with real-world clinical experience.
- Get individualized attention with small class sizes, open practice labs, and nursing tutors to support your success in the classroom.
- Become eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam to become a Registered Nurse.
Ready to advance your Nursing career? You may request more information here.
This program requires that students have a valid practical/vocational nurse license and be eligible to practice in Massachusetts. Students applying to the LPN to RN program will be required to submit their exam scores for the Nursing Accelerated Challenge Exam (NACE). The LPN to RN program accepts non-nursing transfer credit; and, advanced placement in nursing courses for candidates demonstrating competency through standardized exams and competency assessments of skills.
Program Start Dates
- Program Duration
- 4 semesters, Summer classes required
*Students that submit all of their application materials by this date will get priority in the application review process within approximately two weeks of submission.
Sample Nursing Degree Courses
- Health and Illness with Lab and Hospital-Based Clinical
- Nursing Care of the Childbearing Family and Pediatric Patient with Clinical Simulation
- Mental Health Concepts with Clinical Simulation
- Nursing Informatics
- Preparing for Professional Practice
- Preparing for NCLEX
Employers of Our Nursing Graduates
- Beth Israel Lahey Health
- Melrose-Wakefield Healthcare
- Boston Medical Center
- Anna Jaques Hospital
- Suffolk County Jail
- Morton Hospital
- Mount Auburn Hospital
- North Shore Medical Center
NCLEX-RN First-time Pass Rates
|Class of 2021||79%*|
|Class of 2020||94%|
|Class of 2019||91%|
|Class of 2018||87%|
*93% of May graduates passed on their first attempt.
Program Completion Rates
|Class of 2021||Pending|
|Class of 2020||75%|
|Class of 2019||74%|
|Class of 2018||70%
Scholarships for Nursing Majors
Nursing Degree Accreditation
Bay State College’s Associate Degree in Nursing program has full approval status from the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Nursing. The Associate Degree in Nursing program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3390 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
- Board of Registration in Nursing
239 Causeway Street, Suite 500, 5th Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02114
Phone: 1-800-414-0168 or 617-973-0900