ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE
Knowledge is the best medicine when you're thinking about a future in healthcare. And Bay State College's Health Studies Associate Degree program is your best solution for discovering where your talents in healthcare lie:
- Learn from professors who currently work in the healthcare field.
- Prepare for a professional degree in nursing, physical therapy assistant, and biotech.
- Acquire the necessary skills employers in the healthcare field seek including phlebotomy and clinical office procedures.
- Opt to continue your education with Bay State College's Management – Healthcare Management Concentration Bachelor's Degree program.
Our prescription for a great career in healthcare? Start with a strong foundation. Request information about our 2-year Health Studies program today!
Program Start Dates
- Start Dates:
- Summer 2021: Monday, May 17, 2021
- Fall 2021: Monday, August 30, 2021
- Spring 2022: Monday, January 10, 2022
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions
Sample Health Studies Degree Courses
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II
- Medical Terminology
- Medical Office Procedures
- Clinical Procedures I and II
- Health Studies Internship and Seminar
Health Studies Program Mission
The health studies curriculum is designed to prepare students for careers in a variety of fields in science and industry including the life sciences, healthcare, education, conservation, and technicians in laboratory research. The program includes a three-semester math component to prepare students for the computation rigors required to be successful in the sciences. The skills acquired by health studies majors contribute greatly to their ability to work in teams and think critically. This program provides the foundation for students who plan to attend a four-year institution and major in a science area.
Health Studies Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Think critically using the scientific method and scientific reasoning.
- Communicate scientific information (orally and in writing) and work as part of a team to carry out project-based activities.
- Use laboratory investigations and appropriate procedures to generate accurate and meaningful quantitative and qualitative data and derive reasonable conclusions from them.
- Demonstrate technical, equipment, and measurement skills essential to basic scientific inquiry
Hiring Companies of Our Health Studies Graduates
- Tufts Medical Center
- Plymouth Pediatric Associates
- The ARC of Greater Plymouth
- PMG Physician Associates
- Signature Healthcare
- Mass General Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital
- Joslin Diabetes Center
Health Studies Degree Accreditation
Bay State College is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE, formerly NEASC).
The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) accredits schools and colleges in the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont). Membership in one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States indicates that the school or college has been carefully evaluated and found to meet the standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
Bay State College is authorized to award the following degrees by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, Bachelor of Science.