Fashion Merchandising Program Overview
Want to break into fashion merchandising? Bay State College gives you a foundation in the art and science of merchandising and the business of fashion.
Learn about consumer behavior as it applies to design and market research. Study the impact of globalization on the fashion industry. Analyze retail management theories and techniques. All in a creative and fun environment you don't find in many college programs:
- Receive a comprehensive background in both fashion and business.
- Learn from faculty with real-world, professional experience in both the business and fashion fields.
- Put your knowledge to the test at your required Fashion Merchandising internship, with easy access to Boston's high-end Newbury street – home to many successful designers and well-known brands.
- Opt to continue your education with Bay State College's 4-year B.S. in Fashion Merchandising program.
What could be smarter than breaking into fashion merchandising? Succeeding at it. Request information about our 2-year Fashion Merchandising program today!
Bay State College's 2018 Annual Fashion Show, The Next Chapter, presented by Bay State's Fashion Design and Merchandising students.
Fashion Merchandising Day Classes
Discover a diverse but close-knit community of students, faculty
- Duration: 4 semesters
- Semester Length: 16 weeks
- Program Length: 2 years
- Start Dates:
- Fall 2019: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions
Sample Fashion Merchandising Degree Courses
- Fashion Merchandising
- Visual Merchandising
- History of Fashion
- Contemporary Designers and Trends
- Principles of Marketing
- Merchandise Marketing & Control
- Textile Science
- Retail Operations
- Consumer Behavior/Advertising and Promotion
- Fashion Merchandising Internship
Fashion Merchandising Program Mission
Educate students in the business of merchandise marketing and management, in an academic environment that combines critical thinking skills along with hands-on learning, thus allowing an understanding of relevant issues facing the fashion industry, as well as the global marketplace. It is the intent that such knowledge may be used to allow graduates the opportunity to pursue fashion careers or to transfer to Baccalaureate Degree programs.
Fashion Merchandising Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop a practical method for understanding and evaluating consumer behavior through market research.
- Develop students' comprehension of the organizational, operational, and human resources techniques specific to retail operations.
- Allow students to use the creative thought processes that lead to idea generation in all aspects of the marketing plan: product, promotion, price, and place.
- Further develop students' abilities to utilize an ethical and socially responsible framework in evaluating marketing plans, strategies, and objectives.
- Allow students the opportunity to develop an appreciation for the historical development of fashion and its influence on modern trends.
Furtherdevelop students' proficiency in utilizing retail mathematics and formulas in order to competently plan retail sales and inventory levels.
- Develop students' critical thinking skills through the use of case analysis.
Hiring Companies of Our Fashion Merchandising Graduates
- Brooks Brothers
- TJX Corporation
- Coldwater Creek
- Walmart Corporate
- Rue La La
- BlueStem Brands
- LL Bean
- Clark’s Shoes
- Saks Fifth Avenue
Fashion Merchandising Degree Accreditation
Bay State College is is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE, formerly NEASC).
The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) accredits schools and colleges in the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont). Membership in one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States indicates that the school or college has been carefully evaluated and found to meet the standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
Bay State College is authorized to award the following degrees by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, Bachelor of Science.