Are You Interested in Making a Career in Entertainment Management?
Bay State College has a program in the Entertainment Management field with two concentrations: Music Industry and Audio Production.
No audition required! This is a program to get you working in music industry.”
About the Entertainment Management Program
If being in the music business is your goal, the Entertainment Management program is the springboard to get you on your way. You’ll need real-life skills that you can obtain as part of a Bay State College degree. Graduates of Bay State’s Entertainment Management program have gotten jobs at companies like Live Nation, Walt Disney, Cirque du Soleil, CBS radio and more—thanks to Bay State’s focused, job-oriented curriculum. Through practical classes and hands-on experience you can:
- Master the art of presentation, negotiation and management—as well as business skills.
- Work with professors who have industry experience—and share it.
- Host weekly live shows at The Spot, a state-of-the-art, 70-capacity club run entirely by Bay State College Entertainment Management students.
- Join an Entertainment Management organization, like Bay State College Radio or the Audio Engineering Society (AES).
- Complete two or more required hands-on industry internships.
- Receive ongoing access to the Bay State College Career Services Department, connecting you with in-field opportunities throughout your program and career.
Entertainment Management Concentrations
Music Industry Concentration
The Music Industry Concentration offers you a hands-on education that gives you a head start onto a career in the music industry—one of the toughest businesses out there. Bay State students in the Music Industry concentration learn:
- Artist management
- Tour management
- Concert production management
- Venue management
- And more!
Audio Production Concentration
The Audio Production Concentration gives you hands-on experience in recording studios, with the experience you need to get started in the studio. Bay State students in the Audio Production concentration learn:
- Audio theory and recording
- Studio recording
- Live sound engineering
- Sound design
- And more!
Entertainment Management Day Classes
Discover a diverse, but close-knit community of students, faculty and staff at our Boston campus, located in the historic Back Bay neighborhood.
- Semester Length: 16 weeks
- Program Length: 2 years
- Start Dates:
- Spring 2020: Monday, January 13, 2020
- Summer 2020: Monday, May 18, 2020
- Fall 2020: Monday, August 31, 2020
- Application Deadline: Rolling Admissions
Sample Entertainment Management Degree Courses
- Introduction to the Music Industry
- Venue Management
- Concert Promotion Management
- Artist Management
- Tour Management
- Concert Production Management
- Mass Media
- Music Management Internship I and II
To browse our 2018-19 Course Catalog with course descriptions, click here.
Entertainment Management Program Mission
The mission of the Music Industry Program at Bay State College is to provide the highest-quality education in the live and recorded-music fields, centered on the development of critical thinking, business knowledge, and practical marketing skills, to empower our graduates to pursue successful and meaningful careers in the music industry.
Entertainment Management Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop students’ ability to use critical thinking and analytical skills to synthesize information from multiple sources and be able to make informed business decisions.
- Develop in students a set of ethical and legal standards when making managerial decisions in music-industry organizations.
- Develop students’ ability to use technology to create reports and gain presentation skills to communicate relevant information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide students the opportunity to work in groups to define managerial problems, determine alternatives, and implement solutions.
- Provide students with knowledge of the different types of economies in a changing global environment and how to react to opportunities in that world.
- Provide students the opportunity to develop broad-based decision models and understand current business and music trends.
Employers of Our Music Graduates
- Walt Disney Companies
- Cirque du Soleil
- Back Bay Events Center
- Live Nation
- Clear Channel
- Boston Red Sox
- CBS Radio
- Entercom Boston
- Universal Music Group
- Boston Harbor Cruises
- Audio Production
Ready to amplify your ambitions? Opt to complete an Audio Production Minor by fulfilling your electives with courses like Desktop Audio, Live Sound Engineering, Studio Recording, and more!
Entertainment Management Degree Accreditation
Bay State College is is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE, formerly NEASC).
The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) accredits schools and colleges in the six New England states (Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont). Membership in one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States indicates that the school or college has been carefully evaluated and found to meet the standards agreed upon by qualified educators.
Bay State College is authorized to award the following degrees by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts: Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science, Bachelor of Science.