You’ve got the talent. We’ve got the tools and knowledge. Sounds perfect.
Sophisticated audio production is everywhere today, from wireless devices streaming the latest digital release to 3-D IMAX movies pumping out surround sound. At Bay State College, we have quite a lot to share with you about the world of sound—and the career paths you can take there in everything from studio production and live sound to digital production and corporate AV.
And you’ll like what you hear. Our program is all about connecting your passion for music and audio production with your entrepreneurial spirit, so you can pursue a thriving career by learning the business side of the entertainment industry.
You’ll have a head start on your career working with your professors, who all have real-world experience in the audio production industry—and share it. Our internship opportunities will give you working session experience at some of the top recording studios in New England. And once you graduate, our Career Services department will help you turn up the volume on finding a job, whether work with a recording studio or just start your own business.
If you’re ready to amplify your ambitions, we’re here to listen!
Through the Associate Degree in Entertainment Management, you will:
- Demonstrate his or her ability to communicate effectively with performers, vendors, and industry professionals through oral and written communication.
- Identify and evaluate issues of ethical responsibility as they relate to the entertainment industry and society as a whole.
- Demonstrate and integrate his or her critical thinking and decision-making skills as they apply to the audio engineering field.
- Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills in troubleshooting audio systems or projects.
- Demonstrate practical application of theoretical concepts in the field of audio.
- Demonstrate industry related communication & presentation skills
- Apply creative and aesthetic solutions within a technical audio framework.
- Apply critical listening skills to professional applications
The Audio Production concentration in Entertainment Management provides students with the opportunity to combine technical audio production skills and critical thinking skills with an expertise in business. Students will pursue four aspects within the audio field: theory, digital recording and editing, studio session recording, and live sound, and combine this academic and hands-on preparation with course work in the entertainment industry. Student will complete an audio production internship in their last semester, and begin their transition from college to careers in audio production.
- Sound Technician
- AV Production Assistant
- Audio Production Assistant
- Recording Studio Assistant