Student Accounts FAQs

Do I have to enroll in the College’s Health Insurance?

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires that any degree-seeking student enrolled nine or more credits MUST be covered by a comprehensive health insurance program. 

How do I waive or enroll in the College’s Health Insurance? 

  1. To waive or enroll in the Student Health Plan, Click Here.
  2. Click on either the “Waiver Form” or “Enrollment Form” button on the left side.
  3. Fill in all required information. Your waiver/enrollment will NOT be accepted if any information is missing.
  4. Submit the waiver/enrollment form. Within a few minutes after completing the process, you will receive a confirmation number and a confirmation email. Please print the confirmation for your records.

When is my payment due date and when can I receive my monthly statement?

Payments are due on the 1st of each month. Statements are mailed on or about the 15th of each month. 

Why am I being assessed a late fee?

Late fees are normally assessed to payment plans that are in delinquent status.

How do I make a payment?

Students can make a payment through their Student Portal. You can also make payments by clicking here

Can I setup up an automatic payment?

Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to set up automatic payments.

How do I set up a payment plan?

If you need to enroll in a payment plan or if you have not received or signed a payment plan agreement, please contact The Solution Center.

What should I do if my financial situation changes or I have questions regarding student loans?

For more information, please contact The Solution Center.

When will I receive my student stipend?

All title IV funds are processed within 14 days after being disbursed on the student’s account. Please allow 7 to 10 business days to receive the student stipend.

How do I enroll in direct deposit?

  1. Please create an account with our partner, Heartland ECSI.
  2. After creating your profile, please link your account. You will need both your Heartland Key (located in your welcome email from ECSI) and your student ID (located in your Student Portal). 
  3. Enroll in Direct Deposit. This will ensure you receive your funds quickly, with no mail delays. 

Who do I contact if I am having difficulties setting up my account on ECSI?

For questions please contact The Solution Center.

Why am I charged the Technology Fee and the Comprehensive Fee?

The Technology Fee and the Comprehensive Fee are used to cover costs associated with attendance and are separate from tuition, which is based on the cost per credit.  

What is a Form 1098-T? 

The 1098-T form is informational only and should not be considered as tax advice. It serves to alert students that they may be eligible for claiming the Education Tax Credits on their Federal Income Tax returns. Colleges and universities are required under Internal Revenue to issue a Form 1098-T for the purpose of determining a student's eligibility for claiming Educational Tax Credits on their Federal Income Tax returns.

Who do I contact if there is an error on my 1098-T?

For questions or concerns please contact The Solution Center.

Will I still get a 1098-T if I haven't paid my tuition & fee charges for that tax year?

You will be provided a 1098-T if you have made a payment toward qualified tuition and fees or have aid disbursed to your student account.

I'm an international student. Will I be sent a 1098-T?

If you are classified as a Non-Resident Alien as defined by the IRS and are coded as such in our student records system, you will not be sent a 1098-T form. Please contact the IRS or your personal tax preparer for assistance.

How do I get more information about the 1098-T form and how to use this for tax purposes?

Bay State College recommends that you consult a professional tax accountant for advice and consultation of your use of the 1098T form or visit for more information.