Everything you need to know about student financial aid is right here.
The menu to the left will tell you everything you need to know about getting financial aid at Bay State. Financial aid is available to those who qualify, and we are here to guide you every step of the way, from your first questions through your final application.
Every student has different needs. We’ll put the right package together for you.
Our college financial aid staff works one on one with every student. Whether you’re seeking scholarships and grants, loans, payment plans, or some combination, we can guide you through the process to determine the best financial plan for your academic goals and specific needs.
Have specific questions? Get directly in touch to get your answers. Please feel free to call the financial aid department at (617) 217-9069.
Just follow these 5 easy steps!
1) Create your FSA ID
Create an FSA ID on the FSA ID log-in page (fsaid.ed.gov).
In one to three business days, after your information has been verified with the Social Security Administration (SSA), you will be able to use your FSA ID to access your personal information on Federal Student Aid websites.
2) Collect financial documents and complete the 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online
Please note: When completing the FAFSA, you will be prompted to link your financial information from the IRS into your application.
- Go to www.studentaid.gov
- Click "Create Account" (if this is your first time completing the FAFSA). Select "Login" if you are renewing or making corrections to a FAFSA
- Enter your Username and Password
- Confirm contact information
- Scroll down to "My Checklists"
- For first time applicants- select "I'm preparing for school"
- Select "Complete FAFSA Form"
- Select "Go to FAFSA Form"
- Click "Start Here"
- If you are not a first-time applicant, select "I'm in school"
- Click "Renew FAFSA" and follow the instructions
- Please use School Code 003965 for Bay State College.
- The 2020-2021 FAFSA is now available using your 2018 federal tax information.
- If you are a dependent student, your parent should e-sign the FAFSA utilizing their own FSA ID.
In order to maximize your financial aid eligibility please file your FAFSA by Bay State College's priority deadline of March 31, 2020.
If needed, tax filers can request a transcript, (free of charge) of their tax returns from the IRS using one of the following options:
Contact the IRS: www.IRS.gov.
- Get Transcript by MAIL – Go to www.IRS.gov, under the Tools heading, click "Get a tax transcript.” Click “Get Transcript by MAIL.” Make sure to request the “IRS Tax Return Transcript” and NOT the “IRS Tax Account Transcript.” The transcript is generally received within 10 business days from the IRS’s receipt of the online request.
- Get Transcript ONLINE – Go to www.IRS.gov, under the Tools heading, click "Get a tax transcript." Click “Get Transcript ONLINE.” Make sure to request the “IRS Tax Return Transcript” and NOT the “IRS Tax Account Transcript.” To use the Get Transcript Online tool, the user must have (1) access to a valid email address, (2) a text-enabled mobile phone (pay-as-you-go plans cannot be used) in the user’s name, and (3) specific financial account numbers (such as a credit card number or an account number for a home mortgage or auto loan). The transcript displays online upon successful completion of the IRS’s two-step authentication.
- Automated Telephone Request – 1-800-908-9946. Transcripts are generally received within 10 business days from the IRS’s receipt of the telephone request.
- Paper Request Form – IRS Form 4506T-EZ or IRS Form 4506-T. The transcript is generally received within 10 business days from the IRS’s receipt of the paper request form.
3) Complete the Federal Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling
If you are a first-time Bay State College student loan borrower, you are required to complete student loan entrance counseling and an electronic Master Promissory Note. This required tutorial explains the rights and responsibilities of the borrower.
- Go to www.studentaid.gov
- Click “Sign In”
- Select "I'm preparing for school"
- Click Complete Entrance Counseling
- Click start and select Bay State College: Search by state and input school name. Click "notify this school".
4) Complete the Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- To complete your electronic Stafford Master Promissory Note, go to www.studentaid.gov.
- Click "Log In" to start
- Click "I'm preparing for school"
- Complete loan agreement by clicking "Complete MPN" (Master Promissory Note)
- Click "Subsidized/Unsubsidized" loans and follow the instructions to complete your electronic MPN
5) Complete Annual Student Loan Acknowledgement
- Go to www.studentaid.gov
- Click "I'm preparing for school” and start
- Review your loan history
- Complete your annual student loan acknowledgment and click "Submit"
Call our Financial Aid Office to schedule your appointment to discuss your award!
Making the decision to attend college is exciting, but navigating the financing process can be a bit overwhelming. That's where we come in. Bay State College's financial aid counselors are here to support you through the process and help make your education journey a reality!