I Went to a Red Sox Game with Bay State...and Here's What Happened
Every year the Office of Student Involvement & Leadership organizes a trip to Fenway Park to see a Red Sox game. On Monday, September 25th, we caught the Red Sox vs. Blue Jays game. Between the food, the friends, and the tradition, it was a night of Boston pride and community. Here's all that happened when I saw the Red Sox with Bay State.
1. We met at 125/127 to walk to Fenway Park together.
It is about a 20-25 minute walk to Fenway Park from the dorms. It was the perfect night for it!
2. I ate the most American foods I could think of.
Fenway frank, lemonade, popcorn...can't beat it.
3. I shared some fascinating Fenway Park Trivia.
See those tiny dashes and dots located in the white areas of the Green Monster? Those are the initials of former Fenway Park owners Tom Yawkey (TAY) and Jean Yawkey (JRY) translated into Morse code!
4. I captured the happy faces of my fellow Bay State students.
What's better than a free night of fun with friends?
5. I belted out the lyrics to "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and "Sweet Caroline".
Because it's tradition, and because they're really good songs.
Overall, it was a great experience. Although the Red Sox lost 4-6, there was no lack of support for the home team. If you missed this Bay State activity this year, don't make the same mistake again next Fall!