10 Tips for Job Hunting and Interviewing
Job hunting and interviewing can be a challenging process. To make a strong impression on employers, here are ten simple tips that can help you stand out from the crowd.
- Include an e-portfolio or social profile links such as your LinkedIn to your resume.
- Pursue industry-related certifications.
- Personalize your application by addressing the hiring manager in your cover letter.
- During interviews, use a friendly, upbeat voice and allow a short pause before taking your turn to speak.
- Print out any reference materials.
- Have a professional voicemail message.
- Turn off all personal electronic devices.
- Make your narrative clear and concise.
- Prepare questions to ask.
- Send a thank-you note and personalize it to each interviewer. Be sure to reiterate why you are the best candidate for the position.