Bay State College offers an immense amount of opportunities to international students from around the world! At Bay State College, you'll discover a safe, caring, and personalized atmosphere, all while experiencing the excitement, culture and opportunities that only a world-class city like Boston could provide! Every student is a valued and special part of our Bay State community. Our experienced and dedicated staff are ready to ensure your transition to the United States, Boston and Bay State College is successful and memorable. At Bay State College your success matters!
We're excited you're considering Bay State College!
The following steps are required in order to apply:
- A completed International Student Application for Admission (There is no Application Fee)
- Official High School, College or University transcripts (Must be translated to English)
- Official TOEFL Scores: Minimum of 70 (ibT); and 6.0 on the IELTS if native language is not English (or language school affiliate equivalent). We also accept the iTEP (Academic-Plus test ONLY) overall score of 4.0 or higher.
Transcripts from any institution outside of the United States must be evaluated by a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) and the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AICE) if:
- The applicant’s transcript is being used to verify Proof of Graduation; or
- The applicant’s transcript(s) are being reviewed for transfer credit eligibility into a Bay State College program. Please visit the Transfer Students section of our website for more information about international student transfer credit eligibility requirements.
NACES member organizations are listed here.
AICE member organizations are listed here.
All evaluations must include:
- Translation of transcript(s) into English
- The equivalency of your credentials in terms of a U.S. education
- A converted GPA calculation into U.S. standards
If you are accepted to Bay State College, the following items will be required prior to receiving your I20 Form:
- Financial documentation in the form of current, original bank statements totaling the cost of tuition, including information addressing who will be financially responsible for the student while in the United States. For further explanation of minimum financial requirements, click here.
- A letter of support from the person who intends to help make tuition payments. Tuition & Fees.
Top 10 Reasons to Study Abroad at Bay State College in BOSTON:
- The city of Boston is America’s hot spot for college students. With over 250,000 college students in the surrounding area you will be sure to find a place for yourself. Every year, a new group of international students flocks to Boston's colleges. As a graduate of Bay State College, you may continue your studies at some of America’s leading universities, which are located nearby.
- Bay State College is known for its “family” atmosphere. With our small class sizes, you will be able to meet people quickly and make friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Students at Bay State College have a wide range of activities to enjoy: Boston’s nightlife, parks, restaurants, museums, theatre, concerts, sporting events, world-class shopping, athletics, and more!
- Boston is the capital city of the state of Massachusetts and a top 10 major American media market. This gateway to America’s “New England” provides easy access to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Adventurous students have been known to visit Montreal and Quebec for weekends of fun and relaxation between studies.
- The architecture in Boston is among the best in America. Many of our European friends tell us they are reminded of home when visiting our city.
- The location of Bay State College is in Boston’s beautiful Back Bay. This safe, friendly and culturally diverse part of Boston is known for its beautiful brownstones and historic buildings as well as access to Boston Common and Boston Garden, one of the largest city parks.
- Fans of the Boston Red Sox baseball team are among the most loyal and entertaining to watch in America. The stadium where the Red Sox play, Fenway Park, is minutes away by train. We encourage all students and visitors to take in the thrill of baseball with thousands of other loyal Boston fans.
- Boston has one of America’s best public transportation systems with easy access to beaches to the North and South and points city-wide including Boston’s Logan Airport.
- You will study in one of the world’s leading cities for education: Boston.
- What do you love to do? That question is at the very core of your education here at Bay State College. We are committed to preparing international students with the skills to transfer their passions into a rewarding career.