Thinking about college in the United States? As America's college town, Boston is a great place to start. And if you're serious about getting your career started too, think Bay State College. We are home to a growing number of international students who are a vital part of our diverse and lively community.
First of all, thanks for your interest in Bay State College. Our Admissions office, at firstname.lastname@example.org, is ready to welcome you to America, Boston and Bay State!
The following steps are required in order to apply to Bay State College:
- A completed International Student Application and admission processing fee of USD $40.
- Official final high school grades, scores or transcripts translated to English, if needed, including an explanation of the grading system.
- Official TOEFL score of 183 on the CBT or 65 on the ibT, or a 6.0 on the IELTS if native language is not English (or language school affiliate equivalent). We also accept the iTEP (Academic-Plus test ONLY) overall score of 4.0 or higher.
- Official College Translated Transcript (if you are a transfer student).
- The admissions office reserves the right to request additional information to determine admissions eligibility.
Transcripts from schools outside of the United States must be evaluated by a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) if:
- The applicant’s transcript is being used to verify Proof of Graduation or
- The applicant’s transcript(s) are being reviewed for transfer credit eligibility into a Bay State College program
NACES member organizations are listed here
Evaluations must include:
- Translation of transcript(s) into English
- The equivalency of your credentials in terms of a U.S. education
- A converted GPA calculation into U.S. standards
If accepted to the college, the following will be required prior to receiving an I20:
- Financial documentation in the form of current, original bank statements totaling the cost of tuition and information explaining who will be financially responsible for the student while in the United States.
- A letter of support from the person who intends to help make tuition payments. Tuition & Fees.
The following are required before registering for your classes:
- Health insurance waiver
- Immunization Records
Top 10 Reasons to Study Abroad at Bay State College in BOSTON:
- The city of Boston is America’s hot spot for college students. With over 250,000 college students in the surrounding area you will be sure to find a place for yourself. Every year, a new group of international students flocks to Boston's colleges. As a graduate of Bay State College, you may continue your studies at some of America’s leading universities, which are located nearby.
- Bay State College is known for its “family” atmosphere. With our small class sizes, you will be able to meet people quickly and make friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Students at Bay State College have a wide range of activities to enjoy: Boston’s nightlife, parks, restaurants, museums, theatre, concerts, sporting events, world-class shopping, athletics, and water-skiing in the Charles River (we’re kidding on this one!)
- Boston is the capital city of the state of Massachusetts and a top 10 major American media market. This gateway to America’s “New England” provides easy access to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. Adventurous students have been known to visit Montreal and Quebec for weekends of fun and relaxation between studies.
- The architecture in Boston is among the best in America. Many of our European friends tell us they are reminded of home when visiting our city.
- The location of Bay State College is in Boston’s beautiful Back Bay. This safe, friendly and culturally diverse part of town is known for its beautiful brownstones and historic buildings as well as access to Boston Common and Boston Garden.
- Fans of the Boston Red Sox baseball team are among the most loyal and entertaining to watch in America. The stadium where the Red Sox play, Fenway Park, is minutes away by train. We encourage all students and visitors to take in the thrill of baseball with thousands of other loyal Boston fans.
- Boston has one of America’s best public transportation systems with easy access to beaches to the North and South and points city-wide including Boston’s Logan Airport.
- You will study in one of the world’s leading cities for learning: Boston.
- What do you love to do? That question is at the very core of your education here at Bay State College. We are committed to preparing international students with the skills to transfer their passions into a rewarding career.