Message from the President
March 27, 2020
I hope this message finds you all safe and with loved ones - days closer to when we come out the other end of this challenge. I write from an empty campus. The silence reminds me what we have to look forward to when we can join one another again. Still, we remain a community of scholars, devoted to learning and understanding the world as best we can, by encouraging each other, challenging each other, and learning from one another. I am grateful for you adapting so quickly and to our faculty for their care and for doing their best to make this transition as seamless as possible. As promised in my last note, I'll write you every Friday with updates and to get in.
- Graduation - Graduation has been postponed until tentatively June 29th. Originally scheduled for May 15th at the Berklee Performance Center, we were informed that Berklee would remain closed until May 7th and we did not want to risk any further postponements. The Graduation Committee will be sending an email out to all Graduates and Walkers with more specific details shortly as details become available.
- In case you are feeling anxious and need a supportive ear - I hope that you have had a chance to meet Megan Delano, our new Mental Health Counselor. Most recently, Megan worked at the Justice Resource Institute as a Residential Clinician. She has also worked overseas in Sri Lanka and Vietnam leading and creating art therapy for children. Megan has her Bachelor's from Lesley University and her Master's in Clinical Psychology from Naropa University in Colorado. Megan can be reached at email@example.com or (617)-217-9212. She has been kind enough to send along thoughtful reminders of how to best handle stress and anxiety. Please reach out to Megan or to the many resources she has included if you need to.
- Registration - Advising and registration for Summer and Fall 2020 began Wednesday, March 25th. All students should have received an email and the website/portal have been updated to include information on this as well. Please take a moment to review and of course reach out to your advisors. It will make them feel better knowing that you are safe and planning.
- Technology - I am hoping that by now, we have all the major technology glitches worked out. Still, if you have any lingering questions or concerns, please contact the technology helpdesk at (617)-217-9122 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For faculty and staff - Below are a few informational links for our Blue Cross Blue Shield Members regarding Telehealth services and wellness.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield - Access to Telehealth for Members: Press Release
That is it for now. Have a regular schedule. Take good care of yourself, exercising when you can. Study hard. Check in on people. We shall all get to the other side of this soon enough, stronger and wiser because of it. Study Hard. Finals are in 5 weeks.
Mark DeFusco, Ph.D.
Chief Executive Officer/President
Bay State College