COVID-19 Update: Classes at Bay State College
March 13, 2020
Dear Bay State College Community,
The health and wellness of our students, faculty and staff are of the utmost importance to all of us. Rest assured that intentional and deliberative steps are being undertaken to mitigate the spread of the COVID-19, "Coronavirus," and that necessary precautions will continue to be implemented and reassessed routinely. We continue to utilize a myriad of methodology to inform our decisions and will routinely communicate any changes that may impact our operations, including our educational delivery.
Effective Monday, March 16th, class delivery for all BOSTON campus students will transition to our online platform, CANVAS, with the exception of the following programs and courses which will remain unchanged, and in person:
- All Health Science, Nursing, PTA Courses (including off-site labs and clinicals) will provide, on-ground as scheduled. There is no disruption to this delivery.
Class delivery will be on-ground, as scheduled for the week of March 16th. Effective Monday, March 23rd, class delivery for all TAUNTON campus students will transition to our online platform, CANVAS, with the exception of the following courses which will remain unchanged, and in person:
- All Health Science, Nursing, PTA Courses (including off-site labs and clinicals) will proceed, on-ground as scheduled. There is no disruption to this delivery.
- CRI 217 Forensics (Taunton Only)
- MAT 098 Fundamentals of Algebra (Taunton Only).
This delivery method of all online instruction will remain in place through April 3rd, at which time Bay State College leadership will reassess the institution's protocol and response. Communication will be forthcoming as to how to proceed, thereafter. Additionally, all large-scale events are being reassessed with additional information to follow.
For all questions or concerns regarding:
- ADMISSIONS - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- DISABILITY SUPPORT/ACCOMMODATIONS - Email email@example.com
- CAMPUS TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS (CTS) - Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://helpdesk.baystate.edu/
- CANVAS - Please visit this link for an online tutorial.
- FINANCIAL AID - Email email@example.com
- REGISTRAR'S OFFICE (including add/drop) - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- STUDENT ACCOUNTS - Email email@example.com
- WORKSTUDY STUDENTS - Please continue to communication with your direct supervisor.
- HOUSING - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Housing remains open and unaffected currently. Our housing department has been in communication to those students living in our on-campus dormitory, Longwood House.
Should you require access to WiFi connection or the use of a computer, please coordinator individually with your Department Chair.
Our campus facilities are open, should you need them. Bay State College will remain open (with limited staff) and operational during normal business hours: Boston: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. M-F; Taunton: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Additionally, Longwood House and the dining all remain open.
In addition to providing maximum flexibility for you and your instructors to take health precautions and provide an optimal start to your March Term, this temporary transition provides our facilities crews additional time to deep clean our classrooms, restrooms and other public spaces.
We will continue to closely monitor this situation along with recommendations from local health officials and will communicate any additional changes that may impact our operations.
I thank you for your cooperation, understanding and flexibility during this unique and challenging time.
Mark DeFusco, Ph.D
Chief Executive Officer/President
Bay State College