Dr. Torna Omar Soro is a tenured Professor of Economics at Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) in Boston, a lecturer in the computer science department at the University of Massachusetts - Boston and a technical staff member (Weekend Group) at MEDITECH (Medical Information Technology, Inc.). Dr. Soro's research interests include Econometrics, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Software Engineering and Health Information Technology.
Dr. Soro's first professional career position in the United States (USA) was with Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation (Boston, MA), a property and casualty insurance company, where he worked as a Research Economist (Predictive analytics).
Dr. Soro has more than 15 years of experience teaching (Economics, Advanced Analytics and Computer Science) in Africa and the United States (USA). He is fluent in French and English.
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, CA
- MS, Computer Science, University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA
- MA, Economics, Université Félix Houphouet-Boigny (Former Name: Université de Cocody), Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire
- BA, Economics, Université Alassane Ouattara (Former Name: Université de Bouaké), Bouake, Cote D'Ivoire
Courses Taught at Bay State College
- Introduction to Programming
- Object Oriented Programming
- Advanced Business Applications
- Network Fundamental
- Web Application Development
- Database Management Systems
- IT Project Management
Interests and Hobbies
Dr. Soro's hobbies include playing soccer, basketball, and Martial arts (Black Belt in Taekwondo).