Jennifer Verstreken, MBA, MHCA, MSN, RN, CEN, CMSRN
Professor Jennifer Verstreken has been a nursing educator for over nineteen years, teaching in the nursing programs at Bay State College for the last two years. Her clinical background is primarily emergency nursing with several foundational years in medical-surgical specialties. She holds certifications in both fields (CEN and CMSRN) and has spent nearly half of her career as a travel nurse, exploring this country and its territories. While Professor Verstreken is the program chair of the RN to BSN program, she also has intermittent opportunities to teach in the associate degree program. She is passionate about pre-license nursing education and pushes her as an active member of several faculty-based college committees.
- Grand Canyon University-Doctor of Nursing Practice candidate
- University of Phoenix - Master of Science in Nursing
- University of Phoenix - Master of Business Administration
- University of Phoenix - Master of Healthcare Administration
- Syracuse University - Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN)
- Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN)
Courses Taught at Bay State College
Transition in Nursing and Capstone (RN to BSN courses)
Interests and Hobbies
Professor Verstreken is a home renovation enthusiast and lover of all things water, with future scuba aspirations of diving with whale sharks and the Silfra fissure in Iceland. Other hobbies include triathlons and experiencing the road less traveled in far off lands. In recent years she has traveled to the remote regions of Cambodia and Nicaragua on medical humanitarian aid missions and is an active "kick ass civilian" with Team Rubicon, deploying regionally, nationally, and internationally.