Mission and Philosophy:
Our primary goal is to help students fully develop their intellectual, emotional, academic, and social potential. We believe that a student's overall success can be impacted when situations become challenging or difficult which ultimately can affect their academic life. Our main purpose is to help students reduce and/or eliminate emotional, psychological, and academic barriers which may interfere with their student success.
The Student Success team is here to help students reach their academic and personal goals. Whether you are a first-year student or graduating senior, whether you are struggling with classes or on the Dean's List, the Student Success team can support you.
The Student Success team maintains collaborative relationships with faculty and staff across campus in order to advance Bay State College's educational and retention efforts.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT AN EARLY ALERT FORM
- To assist students in becoming more independent, self-confident, and efficient learners
- To improve the well-being of all students
- To promote student retention and persistence
- To provide individualized assistance
- To provide a place where faculty and staff can refer students who are in need of assistance
- To work collaboratively with other student services and academic offices where necessary
- To serve as a resource and identify resources both on and off campus
At Bay State College we care about protecting our students' privacy. We believe that a student's right to confidentiality is the basis for an effective working relationship. All interactions with the Student Success team are confidential and will not be released to anyone outside of the Office of Student Affairs, unless a student has given written authorization to disclose information. We are required, however, to take appropriate action if a student engages in behavior that presents clear and imminent danger to their self or others.