Office of the Registrar

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for maintaining student academic records, ensuring students are complying with all academic regulations and policies, and ultimately certifying eligibility for graduation.

Request a Transcript

Students may obtain an official or unofficial copy of their academic record upon written request. To request a copy of your transcript, please visit our Request a Transcript page for more information on ordering.

Please note that Bay State College is the custodian of records for several closed institutions. If you are looking for a record from a closed institution, please also visit our Request a Transcript page for more information.

Change of Address & Contact Information

It is the student’s responsibility to keep the Office of the Registrar informed of all address/contact information changes. Please report all necessary changes promptly by logging in to your Student Portal. Under your profile find your personal information and choose addresses. Click request new address, enter your updated information, and click submit. 

If you are a former student and unable to login to your student portal or need to update your legal name, please complete and submit the Change of Address & Contact Information form.

Please note that although other administrative offices and departments may be accepting address/contact information changes, the Office of the Registrar is officially designated to maintain your name, local address, permanent/billing address, phone number(s), and email address(es).

Student Add/Drop Form

When students are unable to add/drop courses through their Student Portal account, a Student Add/Drop Form should be completed with an academic advisor and submitted to the Office of the Registrar. 

Official Withdrawal from the College

Students requesting to initiate an official withdrawal from the College will be required to complete and submit an Official Withdrawal Form. Please visit our Official Withdrawal from the College page for more information and access to the form.

Request for Transfer of Credit Form

This form must be completed and submitted before students can sign up for any course(s) taken at another institution. Upon completion of the course(s), the student is responsible for sending an Official Transcript from the institution at which the course(s) were taken directly to Bay State College, Attn: Registrar's Office, 31 St. James Avenue, Boston, MA 02116.

Verification Request

Current and former Bay State College students can request enrollment verification in one of two ways:

Student Self Service:

Using Student Self‐Service, you can print enrollment verification certificates, order transcripts, and view your enrollment history and verifications on request, check loan deferments sent to your lenders, and link to real‐time information on your student loans. You can access Student Self‐Service by logging into your My Bay State College Portal using your student login and password.

Verification Request Form:

If you are unable to utilize the Student Self-Service feature, official confirmation of current enrollment, dates of attendance, or degree earned can also be requested by completing a Verification Request form. The verification letter can be picked up in person, or mailed, emailed or faxed to the recipient noted on the request. Please allow 1-3 business days for processing.

Duplicate Diploma Request Form

Graduates may request a duplicate diploma by filling out the Duplicate Diploma Request Form and submitting it to the Office of the Registrar. The replacement cost is $25.00 per diploma. Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing of your request as diplomas are printed at the end of each term/semester.

Please note that Bay State College is not responsible for diplomas which are lost in the mailing process. Appropriate fees will be assessed for duplicate diplomas requested for those which are lost in the mailing process. A duplicate diploma will not be released for students with an outstanding financial obligation to the College.

If you want your replacement diploma to display a different name than the one printed on your original diploma and the one in our records, you must also send a completed Change of Address/Contract Information Form with your Duplicate Diploma Request Form. The Change of Address/Contract Information Form must be accompanied by official documentation of your new legal name (i.e., driver’s license, marriage certificate, court order, passport).

Degree and Enrollment Verification

Bay State College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide degree and enrollment verification.  If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the National Student Clearinghouse at:

National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Blvd, Ste 300
Hendon, VA 20171
Tel: 703-742-4200
Fax: 703-742-4239

Business hours for customer support:
Monday - Thursday, 9 a.m.-7 p.m., ET
Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., ET