The world depends on technology. If you manage the technology, the world depends on you.
In today’s rapidly changing environment, business runs on information and communications technologies, ranging from smartphones to tablets, from cloud computing to networked mainframes. The people who manage computer systems, design and safeguard computer networks, or train users are in great demand. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, two of the five fastest-growing careers in 2016 will be in IT, with more jobs than qualified applicants in many IT-related fields. Total job growth by 2020 is projected to be over 22%. To top it all off, these are some of the most interesting and rewarding career choices: US News ranked four IT careers in the top ten of its annual “100 Best Jobs” report. Some of the careers you will prepare for include:
- Computer User Support Specialist (BLS 15-1151).
- Computer Network Specialist (BLS 15-1152).
- Computer Systems Analyst (BLS 15-1121)
- Information Security Analysts (BLS 15-1122)
- Database Administrators (BLS 15-1141)
- Computer Systems Administrators (BLS 15-1142)
Through your education at Bay State College, with its focus on real-world skills and strong knowledge of business practice, you will possess the foundation to allow you to prepare for widely recognized industry certifications, including:
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification
- Microsoft-Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) Certification
- Comp TIA A+ Certification
- Comp TIA Strata IT Fundamentals Certification
You may decide to further your education as well. After completing your Bachelor’s degree, you will be qualified for a number of Master’s and Ph.D. programs:
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Management Information Systems
- Operations Management
In Bay State’s Information Technology Program, you’ll learn about computer hardware and software, about programming and networking, but you will also learn about how to run a business or organization, how to manage teams, and how to communicate with people at all levels. You will accomplish that through challenging, exciting classes, real-world educational and professional experiences taught by industry professionals. Bay State graduates are poised to become leaders in their chosen fields through a first-rate degree program built upon internship and field experience.
- Demonstrate understanding of the use and application of appropriate information technology methods, processes and tools to address real-world problems.
- Comprehend how to select, deploy, and maintain information technology resources to help an organization achieve its goals and objectives.
- Recognize new developments and trends in information technology and evaluate and recommend the use of appropriate new technologies.
- Analyze and effectively communicate the strategic implications of information technology resource allocations for the successful functioning of an organization.
- Understand the ethical and societal issues facing information technology professionals and be able to formulate appropriate solutions.
- Gain proficiency in working as a member and leader of IT and cross-functional teams.
Available at the Taunton Campus
As part of our mission to make education accessible to all, Bay State College is proud to announce the opening of our Taunton campus. Our beautiful new facility hosts some of our most popular degree programs—providing the same quality education you’d receive at our Back Bay campus in a more convenient location for students who live outside of Boston.
Learn more about the Taunton Campus