Management - Hospitality Management Concentration
Think of our Hospitality Management Degree Program as the express elevator from the ground floor to career success. Now that’s service.
Want to learn about hospitality management from an insider’s perspective? With Bay State’s Hospitality Management Bachelor Degree Program, you will. In fact, our program and curriculum were designed in collaboration with one of the world’s leading hospitality corporations to better prepare you for a fast-tracking career in hospitality.
The hospitality field is among the fastest growing industries in the world today—and the largest, ranging from world-class hotels, resorts and spas to casinos and restaurants. In our Hospitality Management Bachelor Degree Program, you’ll focus on the importance of high-quality service that is professional and memorable. Your Hospitality Management Degree studies will give you a solid foundation and a vital perspective on general business as well as the hospitality industry specifically, through courses such as:
- Resort and Casino Management
- Conference, Meeting, and Event Planning
- Hotel Operations
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Special Events Planning
- Human Resource Management
Most important, you’ll learn from the best—Bay State professors who have in-depth, real-world professional experience in the industry. To experience what it takes to work in a world-class operation, all of our hospitality management majors complete internships at some of the most successful companies in the industry, including Starwood Hotels and Walt Disney World. Our location in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay gives you ready access to some of the finest hotels, restaurants, and event planning operations in the world. We take pride in providing one of the highest quality Hospitality Management Degree programs in Massachusetts.
Want to get in on the ground floor of hospitality management? We have your reservation. Learn more about our Hospitality Management Bachelor Degree.
The mission of the Management program is to educate students in the science of management in an international arena with critical thinking skills, group dynamics, and research and practical applications through case analysis. At the completion of the program students will be able to contribute to areas within the field of management, or continue on towards a graduate education.
The management program uses several methods to stress skills necessary to compete in an ever-changing global economy. These skills include analytical skills of problem solving, presentation skills, case and group work, and the ability to perform business research, whether basic or applied, and to implement the results.
- Integrate a set of ethical and legal standards into decision-making for the hospitality industry.
- Examine and explore the increasing importance of globalization in hospitality management, including the identification and appropriate response to opportunities and threats in this global environment.
- Analyze and propose solutions to complex real world managerial problems.
- Integrate business analysis and expertise into a framework for business problem-solving and forecasting.
- Utilize technology and demonstrate presentation skills necessary to compete and succeed in the business world.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills required to function as a productive team member in defining management problems, determining alternatives, achieving consensus and evaluating results.
- Restaurant Manager
- Event Planner
- Travel Agent