Entertainment Management - Audio Production Concentration
You’ve got the talent. We’ve got the tools and knowledge. Sounds perfect.
Sophisticated audio production is everywhere today, from wireless devices streaming the latest digital release to 3-D IMAX movies pumping out surround sound. At Bay State College, we have quite a lot to share with you about the world of sound—and the career paths you can take there in everything from studio production and live sound to digital production and corporate AV.
And you’ll like what you hear. Our program is all about connecting your passion for music and audio production with your entrepreneurial spirit, so you can pursue a thriving career by learning the business side of the entertainment industry.
You’ll have a head start on your career working with your professors, who all have real-world experience in the audio production industry—and share it. Our internship opportunities will give you working session experience at some of the top recording studios in New England. And once you graduate, our Career Services department will help you turn up the volume on finding a job, whether work with a recording studio or just start your own business.
If you’re ready to amplify your ambitions, we’re here to listen!
Through the Bachelor Degree in Entertainment Management, you will:
- Recognize the entertainment industry as a socially networked, relationship driven entity will demonstrate his or her skills in devising and executing self-originating entertainment industry opportunities.
- Establish and demonstrate his or her maturing skill sets in business disciplines interconnected with the entertainment field, including finance, accounting, & marketing.
- Explore, synthesize and evaluate the various theories and various levels of management, best practices, and entertainment industry standards.
- Apply advanced critical thinking and problem solving skills in analyzing, assessing and responding to increasingly complex audio systems or projects.
- Demonstrate increased fluency and competence in practical application of theoretical concepts in the field of audio.
- Demonstrate advanced audio production and post-production skills in recording, editing, mixing and mastering.
- Demonstrate professional competencies and skills in the audio field under the internship supervision of a professional audio engineer.
The mission of the Bachelor Degree program in Entertainment Management with a concentration in Audio Production is to prepare students for careers in aspects of the audio field, including digital audio, studio recording, and live and location sound.. Students will develop their critical and creative thinking skills as they study the technical, artistic and scientific perspectives of audio production and post-production in a variety of entertainment venue, studio, corporate and entrepreneurial settings. Students will combine both foundational and advanced audio production course work with specialized entertainment industry courses, general business courses, and a strong general education component.
- Audio Product Support Specialist
- Live Sound Engineer
- Recording Engineer
- Audio Visual Tech