Think of our Hospitality Management Degree Program as the express elevator from the ground floor to career success. Now that’s service.
Want to learn about hospitality management from an insider’s perspective? With Bay State’s Hospitality Management Degree Program, you will. In fact, our program and curriculum were designed in collaboration with one of the world’s leading hospitality corporations to better prepare you for a fast-tracking career in hospitality.
The hospitality field is among the fastest growing industries in the world today—and the largest, ranging from world-class hotels, resorts and spas to casinos and restaurants. In our program, you’ll focus on the importance of high-quality service that is professional and memorable. Your Hospitality Management Degree studies will give you a solid foundation and a vital perspective on general business as well as the hospitality industry specifically, through courses such as:
- Resort and Casino Management
- Conference, Meeting, and Event Planning
- Hotel Operations
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Special Events Planning
- Human Resource Management
Most important, you’ll learn from the best—Bay State professors who have in-depth, real-world professional experience in the industry. To experience what it takes to work in a world-class operation, all of our Hospitality Management Degree majors complete internships at some of the most successful companies in the industry, including Starwood Hotels and Walt Disney World. Our location in the heart of Boston’s Back Bay gives you ready access to some of the finest hotels, restaurants, and event planning operations in the world. We take pride in providing one of the highest quality Hospitality Management Degree in Massachusetts.
Want to get in on the ground floor of hospitality management? We have your reservation. Learn more about our Hospitality Management Associates Degree Program.
Provide students with a strong foundation for professional careers in the hospitality and tourism industries. The curriculum is designed to provide a challenging and progressive course of study, which integrates the major functional areas of business with the technological and analytical skills required of travel and hospitality professionals. The program endeavors to foster close relationships with alumni, employers and members of the business community, providing access to the cutting edge of travel and hospitality management practices and education.
- Further develop an ability to communicate effectively with clients, guests, vendors and industry professionals through oral and written communication.
- Create awareness of political, cultural, and physical geography throughout the world and to analyze and evaluate situations as they affect the world infrastructure.
- Further develop an understanding of ethical responsibility as it relates to the travel and hospitality industry and society as a whole.
- Further develop critical thinking and decision-making skills as they apply to the travel and hospitality field.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the SABRE and Marsha reservation system and of other business computer applications.
- Demonstrate an understanding of organizational structure and management of the hospitality and tourism related industry and apply skills used in the operation of airlines, cruise lines, hotels, rail services, rental car operators, travel agencies and tour operators.
- Prepare students to transfer to a baccalaureate program
- Lodging Manager