Fashion an outstanding career—with the one two-year program that’s a cut above the rest.
Fashion design—it’s the ultimate combination of artistic expression and business practice. But before you try inventing the next trend, take your knowledge to the next level at Bay State College.
Our Fashion Design Associate degree is your on-ramp to the runway of the fashion design industry. While the program offers valuable general studies, your primary focus will be on:
- Completing creative courses like drawing, pattern and apparel design, couture details and fashion art.
- Exploring the shared techniques used in professional design studios.
- Evaluating merchandise production, fabric selection and marketing strategies.
- Developing the skills necessary to draft patterns to construct your own original fashion designs.
And during our spectacular annual fashion show, you’ll have the chance to create and share your original designs with the entire college community.
Along the way to graduation, Bay State’s Career Services will help you prepare for your career launch and even pinpoint job opportunities for you. They’ll also review other options with you, such as continuing your studies at the bachelor's level.
Want to wow the fashion world? Try us on first.
Provide fashion design students the opportunity to combine artistic inspiration with technical expertise in order to develop their own person style. Through a combination of design, construction, technical, and marketing classes, students are exposed to methods for creating, selling, and promoting their creations. It is the intent that this curriculum provides graduates the expertise to pursue fashion design careers or to transfer to Baccalaureate programs.
- Allow students the opportunity to become familiar with techniques and methods used in a professional design environment through observation and participation.
- Allow students the opportunity to develop an appreciation for the historical development of fashion and its influences on modern trends.
- Develop students’ ability to utilize an ethical and socially responsible framework in evaluating merchandise production, fabric selection, and marketing strategies.
- Develop in students the ability to formulate creative solutions to design problems.
- Develop in students the self-confidence and security to appreciate critical analysis of their own designs.
- Provide students the technical expertise to draft patterns and to construct garments in order to produce a professionally made and saleable design line.
- Costume Attendant
- Fabric/Apparel Patternmaker
- Fashion Designer