How many jobs can you think of that don’t utilize some form of information technology? We can’t think of any either! Information technology is transforming all aspects of business. Professionals from every industry are improving their work processes with innovative and more efficient technology, and they need someone who understands how to manage it all. Our Management Bachelor Degree in Information Systems will prepare you for this important role.
How many jobs can you think of that don’t utilize some form of information technology? We can’t think of any either! Information technology is transforming all aspects of business. Professionals from every industry are improving their work processes with innovative and more efficient technology, and they need someone who understands how to manage it all.
The curriculum in the Management Information Systems Program at Bay State College is designed to give you a solid foundation in the essential elements of the information systems organizations use, while teaching you how to manage people and resources for maximum effectiveness.
In this high-tech job market, a person with MIS skills has the opportunity to advance in today's technologically demanding work place. MIS professionals work in many areas such as manufacturing firms, banks and insurance companies, data processing service organizations, wholesale and retail businesses and government agencies.
Students in this Management Bachelor Degree MIS concentration learn skills necessary for analysis, design, implementation, and management of computer information systems needed to effectively run an organization. Students learn about modern computer technology, and experience hands-on use of current hardware, software, and analytical techniques needed to analyze business problems.
At Bay State College in our Management Bachelor Degree in MIS, we have industry professionals teaching your classes and a Career Services team here to ensure that you have career options upon graduation; all because your success matters to us.
The mission of the Management program is to educate students in the science of management in an international arena with critical thinking skills, group dynamics, and research and practical applications through case analysis. At the completion of the program students will be able to contribute to areas within the field of management, or continue on towards a graduate education.
The management program uses several methods to stress skills necessary to compete in an ever-changing global economy. These skills include analytical skills of problem solving, presentation skills, case and group work, and the ability to perform business research, whether basic or applied, and to implement the results.
- Integrate a set of ethical and legal standards into decision-making for the hospitality industry.
- Examine and explore the increasing importance of globalization in hospitality management, including the identification and appropriate response to opportunities and threats in this global environment.
- Analyze and propose solutions to complex real world managerial problems.
- Integrate business analysis and expertise into a framework for business problem-solving and forecasting.
- Utilize technology and demonstrate presentation skills necessary to compete and succeed in the business world.
- Demonstrate the interpersonal skills required to function as a productive team member in defining management problems, determining alternatives, achieving consensus and evaluating results.