Every student has different needs. We’ll put the right Online Undergraduate Degree financial aid package together for you.
Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. Our college financial aid staff works one on one with every student. Whether you’re seeking scholarships and grants, loans, payment plans, or some combination, we can guide you to find out what is best for your specific situation.
Have specific questions? Get directly in touch to get your answers. Please feel free to call the financial aid department at 617.217.9186.
Just follow these 4 easy steps!
1) Apply for a U.S. Department of Education PIN
- If you do not already have a PIN, go to www.pin.ed.gov and click on the "Apply for a PIN" icon and follow the instructions.
- If you are a dependent student, please also have one of your parents apply for a PIN.
- You will receive a confirmation page once you have completed the PIN process.
- See Related Links to the right for more information
2) Collect financial documents and complete the 2013-2014 FAFSA online
- Please note: When completing the FAFSA, you will be prompted to link your financial information from the IRS into your application. This feature cannot be used until 2 weeks after you have filed your 2013 federal taxes. The College may request a copy of your 2012 IRS tax transcript.
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov and select "Filling out a FAFSA."
- Select "Fill out a FAFSA" if this is your first time completing the FAFSA. If you are "Renewing" or "Making Corrections" to your FAFSA, you should select either of the appropriate options.
- Read the instructions and scroll down to select "2013–2014 FAFSA."
- If you meet the browser requirements select "Next" and then select "Yes" to sign your application using your PIN.
- Next you will CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY and CREATE YOUR PASSWORD and then enter the information requested to complete the FAFSA. Please utilize School Code 003965 for Bay State College.
- If you are a dependent student, your parent should e-sign the FAFSA utilizing their PIN.
3) Complete the Federal Stafford Loan Entrance counseling
If you are a first-time Bay State College student loan borrower, you are required to complete student loan Entrance counseling and an electronic Stafford Master Promissory Note. This required tutorial explains the rights and responsibilities for the borrower of the Federal Stafford Loan.
- Go to www.studentloans.gov
- Click “Sign In” and enter your information
- Click “Complete Counseling"
- Click Entrance Counseling
4) Complete the Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- To complete your electronic Stafford Master Promissory Note, go to www.studentloans.gov. Click on the green "Sign In" button (top left).
- Enter your social security number, first 2 letters of last name, date of birth, and FAFSA pin number.
- Click "Complete Master Promissory Note".
- Click "Subsidized/Unsubsidized" loans and begin to follow the instructions for completing and signing your electronic Master Promissory Note (MPN).
5) Call the Financial Aid office to set up an appointment with your individual Financial Aid Counselor
- Your Financial Aid Counselor will work with you and your family to ensure that you have all the information necessary to make financial decisions that will allow you the opportunity to attend Bay State College.