Tuition & Fees
Bay State College's Financial Aid team strives to provide students and families with personalized attention as they prepare to finance their education. We encourage all students to apply for both federal and state financial aid programs by completing the Financial Aid Application for Student Aid, (FAFSA). Bay State college also offers institutional scholarships to all students. Financial Aid Counselors are available to answer any questions that you may have regarding the tuition and fees below. For an estimate of your annual net cost, please contact the Financial Aid Department. All tuition and fees are subject to change.
Day Division Students:
Tuition charges are assessed on a per credit hour basis and program of study. This provides students with maximum flexibility based on individual financial and academic needs, ultimately making a Bay State College education more accommodating and affordable. Charges are not prorated unless noted. Individual program flow sheets may require more or less than 30 credits per academic year. Credits transferred into Bay State College will impact the total number of credits required to complete most programs.
|Certificate||Cost Per Credit||Cost for 29 Credits||Cost Per Credit||Cost for 29 Credits|
|Medical Assisting Certificate*||$786||$22,794||$550||$15,950|
|Program||Cost Per Credit||Cost for 30 Credits||Cost Per Credit||Cost for 30 Credits|
|Health Studies/Medical Assisting||$786||$23,580||$810||$24,300|
RN to BSN
*MA Certificate and RN to BSN programs are not eligible for institutional aid.
Evening Division Students:
For the 2016-17 Academic Year, tuition is charged for Evening Students at the rate of $380 per credit hour.
For the 2015-16 Academic Year, tuition is charged for Evening Students at the rate of $368 per credit hour.
For the 2016-17 Academic Year, tuition is charged for Online Students at the rate of $380 per credit hour.
For the 2015-16 Academic Year, tuition is charged for Online Students at the rate of $368 per credit hour.
For summer 2015, most summer day classes are offered at a reduced rate of $368 per credit. Check with Bay State College for more information.
Breakdown of Fees
Fees for All Students
- Application Fee: $50, (Nursing and Physical Therapist Assistant programs) $100, all application fees are non-refundable
Tuition Deposit: $100 ($250 for Nursing students, $1,000 International students) Payable upon receipt of the acceptance letter. This non-refundable deposit is applied to tuition charges once classes commence.
- New Student Orientation Fee: $25 (DAY Division students only-payable with Tuition Deposit)
Online Technology Fee: $75 per online course
Late Payment Fee: $25
- International Fee: $100 annually, non-refundable
Books and Supplies -The cost of books and supplies varies depending on the courses taken each semester.
Program Fees for Day Students
Physical Therapist AssistantProgram Fee: $1200- Charged annually to all Day students enrolled in the Physical Therapist Assistant program. This fee is nonrefundable.
- Nursing Program Fee: $1800-Charged annually to all Day students enrolled in the Nursing program. This fee is nonrefundable.
Fashion Design Program Fee: $800-Charged annually to all Day students enrolled in the Fashion Design program. This fee is nonrefundable.
- Program Fee for all other majors (including non-degree students): $600-Charged annually to all Day students not in above majors. This fee is nonrefundable.
- RN to BSN Program Fee: $40- Charged per semester to all students enrolled in the RN to BSN program. This fee is nonrefundable
*Some fees may be prorated for students graduating in the Fall.
Fees for Evening Students
- Program Fee: $120-Fee assessed each semester to all students.
- Lab Fee: $50 per course- The lab fee is assessed of each Evening Division student where a lab component is included in the course.
Fees for Online Students
- Program Fee: $25 Fee assessed each semester to all students
- Insufficient Funds (NSF): $30
- Late Fee: $25
- Security Card Replacement (ID): $25 (subject to increase with SmartCard implementation)
- Library Late Fee: $25
- Library book replacement Cost: Market value
- Official Transcript Fee: $10-$20
- Graduation Fee: $50
- Cori $50-$100
- CPR Course Material $50
- Online Lab Course Material: $120 (approx)
- Health Insurance: $2390 (2015-16) (if applicable)
- TEAS (Test of Academic Skills), Nursing program only: $60-$75
Residence Hall Fees
Resident Hall Deposit $300
Each incoming student wishing to live in our on-campus housing facilities for the fall must submit a completed Residence Agreement and also a $300 Deposit to reserve the space. Upon occupancy, this initial deposit will be applied as the student’s Security Deposit. The Security Deposit is only refundable once the student attends classes and permanently withdraws from housing without damages to the housing facility.
Room and Board: $13,000
The Room and Board fee is assessed annually and covers all housing expenses. Rooms are doubles, triples and larger. Includes 14 meals per week. Students can select from breakfast and either lunch or dinner during the week and brunch and dinner on weekends. This fee is nonrefundable. (Limited single rooms available for an additional $3,000, additional meal plans are available for an extra charge, summer housing is offered at a reduced rate.)
Residence Hall Technology Fee: $300
A residence hall technology fee of $300 is charged to all students who reside on campus. The fee covers items including hardware and service for Internet access and cable television in rooms and common areas.