Everything you need to know about student financial aid is right here.
The menu to the left will tell you everything you need to know about getting financial aid at Bay State. Financial aid is available to those who qualify, and we are here to guide you every step of the way, from your first questions through your final application.
Every student has different needs. We’ll put the right package together for you.
Our college financial aid staff works one on one with every student. Whether you’re seeking scholarships and grants, loans, payment plans, or some combination, we can guide you to find out what is best for your specific situation.
Have specific questions? Get directly in touch to get your answers. Please feel free to call the financial aid department at 617.217.9186.
Just follow these 5 easy steps!
1) Apply for a FSA ID
On May 10, 2015, FSA ID replaced the Federal Student AID PIN. The PIN, which had been in use since 1998, was a four-digit numeric code used together with personally identifying information to log in to FSA websites. If you have not logged in to a Federal Student Aid website—such as FAFSA, StudentLoans.gov, or the National Student Loan Data System—since May 10th, you will need to go create an FSA ID. Your PIN will no longer work.
Step 2: Enter Personal Information
Step 3: Submit Your FSA ID Application
In approximately one to three business days, after your information has been verified with the Social Security Administration (SSA), you will be able to use your FSA ID to access your personal information on Federal Student Aid websites.
2) Collect financial documents and complete the 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online
Please note: When completing the FAFSA, you will be prompted to link your financial information from the IRS into your application. This feature cannot be used until 2 weeks after you have filed your 2015 federal taxes electronically or up to 8 weeks when filing on paper. **The college may request a copy of your 2015 IRS tax transcript.
- Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Select "Start a New FAFSA" (if this is your first time completing the FAFSA). Select "Login" if you are renewing or making corrections to a FAFSA
- Read the instructions and select "2016–2017 FAFSA."
- If you meet the browser requirements select "Next" and then select "Yes" to sign your application using your PIN.
- Next you will CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY and CREATE YOUR PASSWORD and then enter the information requested to complete the FAFSA. Please use School Code 003965 for Bay State College.
- If you are a dependent student, your parent should e-sign the FAFSA utilizing their own 4 digit PIN.
In order to maximize your financial aid eligibility please file your FAFSA by Bay State College's priority deadline of March 31, 2016.
Tax filers can request a transcript, (free of charge) of their 2014 tax return from the IRS using one of the following options:
Online Request (www.irs.gov)
- Under the “Tools” section of the homepage click “Get Transcript for My Tax Records”
- Click "Mail" or “Get Transcript ONLINE.”
- If this is your first time you must "Create an Account"
- Please be sure to request the IRS Tax Return Transcript and not the IRS Tax Account Transcript.
- Enter the tax filer’s social security number, date of birth, filing status, street address and zip or postal code. However, if an address change has been completed through the US Postal Service, the IRS may have the updated address on file.
Telephone Request (1-800-908-9946)
- If you are unable to use the Get Transcript by mail, you may request a copy by phone. Please allow 5 to 10 calendar days for delivery.
3) Complete the Federal Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling
If you are a first-time Bay State College student loan borrower, you are required to complete student loan entrance counseling and an electronic Master Promissory Note. This required tutorial explains the rights and responsibilities for the borrower.
- Go to www.studentloans.gov
- Click “Sign In” and enter your information
- Click “Complete Counseling"
- Click Entrance Counseling
4) Complete the Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- To complete your electronic Stafford Master Promissory Note, go to www.studentloans.gov. Click on the green "Sign In" button (top left).
- Click "Complete Master Promissory Note".
- Click "Subsidized/Unsubsidized" loans and begin to follow the instructions for completing and signing your electronic Master Promissory Note (MPN).
5) Call the Financial Aid planning office to set up an appointment to discuss your award
Making the decision to attend college is exciting, but navigating the financing process can be a bit overwhelming. That's where we come in. We have financial aid counselors here to walk you through the process and help make a Bay State College education a reality!