Residence Hall Resources
Doing Laundry at Bay State College
Our washers and dryers use less energy and water, fit more laundry than the average college laundry machines, and operate on a SmartCard system.
Please keep the following things in mind:
- You will need to purchase a $5 SmartCard. After the initial fee of $5, every dollar you put on the card can be used for laundry.
- You can purchase cards in the Residence Hall on campus.
- 125 Commonwealth Avenue: Located in the basement. Cards can be purchased at this location with cash, credit, or debit cards.
- Laundry costs $1.50 per load to wash and $1.50 per load to dry.
- These machines require only 2 tablespoons of detergent (liquid or powder) per load. It is recommended that you purchase detergent specially formulated for high-efficiency machines. The use of hard laundry tablets is not recommended in these machines.
- There will be no refunds for lost or stolen SmartCards. Please treat your card like cash and keep it in a safe place.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Residence Life.
Mail is distributed each evening by the Residence Life Staff. Letter are slid under residents doors. Packages must be picked up in the Department of Student Affairs located on the 2nd Floor of 31 St. James Ave during normal business hours. Students will be notified via their Bay State e-mail if they have received a package. The Department of Residence Life does not accept weekend or holiday delivery and therefore, mail will not be distributed those days. The Department of Residence Life is also not open on college holidays and weekends and will not be able to accept packages during these times.
It is very important that student mail be addressed correctly:
REGULAR MAIL is addressed to the student at:
Street Address (i.e. 127 Commonwealth Ave.)
Boston, MA 02116
PACKAGES AND OVERNIGHT MAIL (FedEx, DHL, Express Mail, UPS, Certified Letters, etc.)
should be addressed to the student at:
Office of Residence Life – Bay State College
31 St. James Ave, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02116
Please Note: The Department of Residence Life staff will only be able to sign for an item during normal business hours – Monday through Friday 8:30AM – 4:30PM. Residents will receive a package notification email if a package is received for them at the Office. Packages can be picked up in the office at 31 St. James Avenue between the normal business hours stated above. Staff members cannot transport packages to the residence halls as the student is required to sign for the item.
Students cannot send mail directly from their residence hall or the office. If it is regular mail and the student has a stamp, there are various blue mailboxes in the blocks surrounding the buildings that they can drop the mail into.
CLOSEST POST OFFICE:
31 St. James, 1st Floor Near the Arlington Street Entrance
CLOSEST FEDEX LOCATION:
575 Boylston Street
Two Doors Away from CVS
Directions to the General Area:
- From the West: Take the Massachusetts Turnpike East to Exit 22 Copley Square/Prudential Center. Follow the signs marked Copley Square, and at the end of the ramp, take a left onto Dartmouth Street. The 5th set of lights is Commonwealth Avenue. Please follow your building specific directions from here.
- From the South: Follow signs for Route 93 North (Southeast Expressway). You will enter the Liberty Tunnel and pass by the first exit (Government Center). The next exit is Storrow Drive/North Station – exit here and stay in the right lane of the ramp. Follow the Storrow Drive exit signs and merge to the right once you get on Storrow Drive. After you pass the Government Center Exit, get into the left lane and exit under the Arthur Fiedler Footbridge at the Copley Square Exit. At the light, take a right onto Beacon Street. Please follow your building specific directions from here.
- From the North: From Routes 1 and 93, follow signs for Storrow Drive, then follow directions from the SOUTH.
Directions to the Residence Hall:
Directions to Tudor Hall (125/127 Commonwealth Avenue):
- From the Corner of Commonwealth and Dartmouth: Make a right onto Commonwealth Avenue. Make your second left onto Berkeley Street. Make your next immediate left to go the opposite direction on Commonwealth Avenue. Go through one light and Tudor Hall will be on the right in the middle of the block.
- From Beacon Street: Make a left at the first light onto Clarendon Street. Make a right at the second right onto Commonwealth Avenue. Tudor Hall will be on the right in the middle of the block.